Things I need for a Nintendo Switch?

Found 23rd Jan
Hi all,

I hope some of you can help. I was wondering what accessories / other things you guys would consider most useful for the Switch? And if you can recommend any, which brand / product would you recommend in particular? I'm aware of the importance of simple things such as screen protectors and carry cases but don't know which products in particular you guys have had good experiences with.

Thanks for any advice you helpful people can give!
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  2. Gaming
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Gaming
10 Comments
Rubber analogue grips (loads of different styles). eBay 99p-£3 eBay
33119104-opoqy.jpgJoycon grips, adds bulk to the back of the Joycon giving them a more of a controller feel. £1-4 eBay
33119104-CSFrh.jpg
Portable hdmi usb C adapter for Nintendo switch. £15+ eBay
This allows you to display dock mode on the go without the large plastic dock.
33119104-Ufmsg.jpg
Not much else really needed for the switch. It's all optional.
I don't have any of three items mentioned by @kos1c so I wouldn't say you need them, just depends on what you want.

Carry case is essential if you're going to be using it as a portable games console. I got mine from Nintendo's official store for £15 but they no longer stock the one I got, just pick one that looks good and don't spend more than £15

A microSD card is essential if you're going to be buying much from the eShop - I got a 200GB one but the 128GB one is a reasonable price amzn.eu/9A8…TMm

Also a Pro Controller is not essential but a very nice thing to have for gaming at home - not cheap though
Jez77711 m ago

I don't have any of three items mentioned by @kos1c so I wouldn't say you …I don't have any of three items mentioned by @kos1c so I wouldn't say you need them, just depends on what you want.Carry case is essential if you're going to be using it as a portable games console. I got mine from Nintendo's official store for £15 but they no longer stock the one I got, just pick one that looks good and don't spend more than £15A microSD card is essential if you're going to be buying much from the eShop - I got a 200GB one but the 128GB one is a reasonable price http://amzn.eu/9A8DTMmAlso a Pro Controller is not essential but a very nice thing to have for gaming at home - not cheap though

The op asked what he thought we considered most useful, I never said they were needed.

Outside what the OP already stated (screen protector and case) nothing else is really needed. Maybe an SD card, but currently my switch hasn't needed one yet.
Edited by: "kos1c" 23rd Jan
33119285-iSX2J.jpgIf you have a PS4, Xbox one, 360 or PS3 co troller. You can wired connect them to the switch and use that.

I own the same adapter and 3 player mario kart was a blast (1 Joycon each and brother on PS4 controller).

Grab a longer micro usb cable and you can sit further back from the TV.

Also something like this for the bed
33119285-p8sFM.jpgIs a another idea.
kos1c1 h, 3 m ago

The op asked what he thought we considered most useful, I never said they …The op asked what he thought we considered most useful, I never said they were needed. Outside what the OP already stated (screen protector and case) nothing else is really needed. Maybe an SD card, but currently my switch hasn't needed one yet.

Yes true, sorry I misread the OP's question since the title has the word 'need' in it. Thanks for your recommendations in any case - I am probably going to pick up a portable dock at some point
Jez77711 m ago

Yes true, sorry I misread the OP's question since the title has the word …Yes true, sorry I misread the OP's question since the title has the word 'need' in it. Thanks for your recommendations in any case - I am probably going to pick up a portable dock at some point

The portable dock is decent for cost. I'd like something like, tbh. But I believe this is a mod for the switches dock chip board.
33119684-OxSdo.jpgAs the one I linked in an above comment doesn't have the switch standing up.

I usually just lay it faced down on some cloth (has a screen protector as well).
Leaving the back vents open for air ventilation.

Does 1080p30/60fps like the original dock.

The controller adapter is great quality. Has a metal case as well. There is a wireless version for £20 I believe, as well.
The
kos1c1 h, 53 m ago

The portable dock is decent for cost. I'd like something like, tbh. But I …The portable dock is decent for cost. I'd like something like, tbh. But I believe this is a mod for the switches dock chip board. [Image] As the one I linked in an above comment doesn't have the switch standing up. I usually just lay it faced down on some cloth (has a screen protector as well). Leaving the back vents open for air ventilation. Does 1080p30/60fps like the original dock. The controller adapter is great quality. Has a metal case as well. There is a wireless version for £20 I believe, as well.

I can't see the link to the portable dock, it looks good, wouldn't mind a link, is it £15 for the 1080p/60fps one?
I would say you need a case, ideally with a built in stand (some cases have a flap inside that doubles as a stand), the switch stand is flimsy, screen protector ideally glass and eventually a micro sd card.

The extras are generally mentioned above, extra controllers, docks, better stands, grips etc. They take things to another level of use and ease.
StillTheFlyest32 m ago

TheI can't see the link to the portable dock, it looks good, wouldn't mind …TheI can't see the link to the portable dock, it looks good, wouldn't mind a link, is it £15 for the 1080p/60fps one?

Here

1080p 30&60fps based on the game.
Edited by: "kos1c" 23rd Jan
Original Poster
Thanks all for your help, it's good to know about the essential things as well as the non-essential but helpful things! Thanks again
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants