Groups

Things to do in cheltenham/glouceter and the cotswolds

We are off for a visit to this area this weekend. Has anyone got tips on what to do/see. In addition any particular cotswold village that is nice too? Thanks

7 Comments

Bourton-on-the-Water is nice. River runs right through the middle of the village.

Pictures on here ]http//en…ter

Stow-on-the-Wold is nice as well, a bit more of a market town than a village.

Upper Slaughter & Lower Slaughter are both good as well, but a bit smaller than Bourton.

Hope you have a good weekend

Original Poster

thanks guys - will let you know!

come to gloucester see our docks, cathedral where harry potter is filmed,the cotswolds,cheltenham racing,forest of dean:thumbsup:

I lived in the Cotswolds for 20 yrs. Everywhere is beautiful Except Gloucester. I have vowed to never go there again unless my thoughtless brother has another child bought into the world there.

try burford wildlife park..... you got (as above) stow on wold- bourton water (which has a bird wildlife park), also morten in marsh.... you got the south cerney lakes which you can rent boats out........ many villages here but not a lot to do in them though hehe....... cirencester has a museum & the abbey grounds with a huge parish church.... there is absoloutely loads to do round here but depends on the ages of the people visiting & what interest you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions