Things to do in Florida?

Found 3rd Aug 2017
Hello everyone,
The Mrs and I are off to Florida in April 2018 for 10 nights. Most of our trip will be taken up by the parks but we were wondering what other 'must do/must see' stuff there is in your experience on the days where we aren't going to the parks?
We will be staying in the Clermont, Davenport and Haines area and will have access to a hire car so don't mind a bit of travelling if the places suggested are essential to go to.
Cheers guys!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

Clermont is a really nice little place and some good spots for breakie. They are a good drive from Haines City and Davenport though. What kind of things do you like doing? There are some really nice parks in central Orlando, then there are militarily aircraft museums in Kissimmee.
Edited by: "darlodge" 3rd Aug 2017

Original Poster

darlodge21 m ago

Clermont is a really nice little place and some good spots for breakie. …Clermont is a really nice little place and some good spots for breakie. They are a good drive from Haines City and Davenport though. What kind of things do you like doing? There are some really nice parks in central Orlando, then there are militarily aircraft museums in Kissimmee.

We are open to anything really. As I said, we don't mind the travel if it's a nice place to go. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

There's loads to do in Florida. I love it there been lucky enough to go four times in recent years. My favourite park is tampa Busch gardens. NASA is worth a visit.

I can recommend Gatorland in Orlando and another vote for Kennedy Space Center.

Daytona beach (it's $10 to drive on the beach). Daytona Raceway is good if you can organise a tour, Coco Beach is also good. NASA is worth a day out but I think you have to book in advance now.

Internal flights to Miami are cheap as well but it does involve a degree of logistics. I've done game fishing off Fort Lauderdale which is good button not the cheapest

Visit the Kennedy Space Centre at Cape Canaveral - about an hour drive from Orlando or 1:30 from where you are staying
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants