Things to do in Malta?

Posted 15th Oct
I am going to Malta in November, any inside info on places worth visiting (preferable free)
Community Updates
Misc
27 Comments
Get the bus round €2 all day ticket
jjmmww115/10/2019 21:38

Get the bus round €2 all day ticket

Already on that, just looking for somewhere to visit now might just hop on and off
Edited by: "thomasleep" 15th Oct
thomasleep15/10/2019 21:40

Already on that, just looking for somewhere to visit now might just hop …Already on that, just looking for somewhere to visit now might just hop on and off

Generally this is the best thing to do, especially if its a city break. Note down all the main areas you want to visit and then once you're done, just hop off and on randomly.
Have a chocolate malt😋
Perfect, I'm here for comments, I visit Malta in November too :-)
Wongy11015/10/2019 21:44

play cricket play cricket https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23249396/malta-welcomes-crowe-clan

Looks like that is this week , could have been something off the wall though thumbs up
Wortho15/10/2019 21:43

Perfect, I'm here for comments, I visit Malta in November too :-)

Good luck maybe somebody who has been there might actually come up with something!
Went few years ago in the summer, recommendations are:
Go to gozo and visit the Azure window, there is also a boat ride you can for a small fee
Go to the Blue Lagoon
I stayed in Bugiba and visited 5 different beaches in the local vicinity, all within 1 bus ride (Maliha beach found the best)
rimalpatel00715/10/2019 22:10

Went few years ago in the summer, recommendations are:Go to gozo and visit …Went few years ago in the summer, recommendations are:Go to gozo and visit the Azure window, there is also a boat ride you can for a small feeGo to the Blue LagoonI stayed in Bugiba and visited 5 different beaches in the local vicinity, all within 1 bus ride (Maliha beach found the best)

The Azure Window collapsed in 2017.
happyshopper215/10/2019 22:12

The Azure Window collapsed in 2017.

Yes however you still can climb to the top and take selfies of the amazing ocean views.
rimalpatel00715/10/2019 22:10

Went few years ago in the summer, recommendations are:Go to gozo and visit …Went few years ago in the summer, recommendations are:Go to gozo and visit the Azure window, there is also a boat ride you can for a small feeGo to the Blue LagoonI stayed in Bugiba and visited 5 different beaches in the local vicinity, all within 1 bus ride (Maliha beach found the best)

Thanks for the first real answer
Xlendi is a good place to watch a sunset in Gozo.
i'm going to Malta tomorrow 5th visit. ( We have an office in Sliema ).
Visit gozo, it's well worth it. There's a cool shooting range too, it's called Gunblast
Go to the beach at St Juliens.
The national aquarium is cool too.
Download TripAdvisor app and put in Malta and you should hopefully find everything you need to know, even in the Malta forum you can find answers.
sirsmokesalot15/10/2019 22:26

i'm going to Malta tomorrow 5th visit. ( We have an office in Sliema …i'm going to Malta tomorrow 5th visit. ( We have an office in Sliema ). Visit gozo, it's well worth it. There's a cool shooting range too, it's called GunblastGo to the beach at St Juliens. The national aquarium is cool too.

Thanks , did see the aquarium and was thinking about it. Also Gozo is a must as far as I have seen, similar to Islands off the coast of Seattle only pay on the way back on the ferry might just stay there
38675204-KwioQ.jpg
Mdina, Malta's silent city. Mdina is a fortified medieval town enclosed in bastions, located on a large hill in the centre of Malta.

A must.
xenophon15/10/2019 22:52

[Image] Mdina, Malta's silent city. Mdina is a fortified medieval town …[Image] Mdina, Malta's silent city. Mdina is a fortified medieval town enclosed in bastions, located on a large hill in the centre of Malta.A must.

Thank you, that will be going on the list!
xenophon15/10/2019 22:52

[Image] Mdina, Malta's silent city. Mdina is a fortified medieval town …[Image] Mdina, Malta's silent city. Mdina is a fortified medieval town enclosed in bastions, located on a large hill in the centre of Malta.A must.

This one ticks your "preferably free" box.
Blue lagoon and popeye Village both worth a visit
Edited by: "MonkeyMan90" 15th Oct
happyshopper215/10/2019 22:54

This one ticks your "preferably free" box.

if it is free to go and have a mouch around then it is a winner in my book, stunning views and a bucket load of history too
MonkeyMan9015/10/2019 22:56

Blue lagoon and popeye Village both worth a visit

Thank you, the popeye village is a new one to me so thanks, and I will look it up
thomasleep15/10/2019 23:07

Thank you, the popeye village is a new one to me so thanks, and I will …Thank you, the popeye village is a new one to me so thanks, and I will look it up

Just had a look and for $11 it looks well worth a visit, and luckily it is open on one day while i am there Thank you for the heads up, it is something I had not heard of and looks like something a little different, not the weird half arsed theme park, but the look around an old movie set
If you go to the blue lagoon then make sure you have decent footwear - the rocks are very sharp.

Oh and take a good book, there's not much to do there apart from bus tours, there is probably diving as well, but I didn't look when I was there.
I haven’t been for a while but I would add the the above the craft village Ta'Dbiegi , and St Johns Valletta is a lovely building ( I don’t have a religious bone in my body , but inside it’s beautiful) . If you get to the Blue Lagoon it’s worth a boat trip around if they are still running in November.
Island of Gozo by ferry , not free but only around 5 euro. Most things closed on Sundays so best visit in the week.
tinkerbellian16/10/2019 12:01

I haven’t been for a while but I would add the the above the craft village …I haven’t been for a while but I would add the the above the craft village Ta'Dbiegi , and St Johns Valletta is a lovely building ( I don’t have a religious bone in my body , but inside it’s beautiful) . If you get to the Blue Lagoon it’s worth a boat trip around if they are still running in November.

Thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants