Groups

Things to do in Manchester..........

Im going up to Manchester on Friday to see my sister for the day. Anyone got any tips on what to?

26 Comments

One word..... United !!!

visit the Lowry/ united grounds/Trafford centre.x

go to Leeds its far better lmao

Theres lots to do up here,have a look on the visit manchester website. Any idea what you want to do, go for a night out clubbing?go for a meal etc.
    I would defo receommend going on the manchester wheel, you get a good view of the city and landmarks. Apart from that you culd go on the old trafford tour, go to museums, go shopping.If you going for a drink try deansgate or the northen quarter

treble99;3564566

very unlikely lolTheres lots to do up here,have a look on the visit … very unlikely lolTheres lots to do up here,have a look on the visit manchester website. Any idea what you want to do, go for a night out clubbing?go for a meal etc.I would defo receommend going on the manchester wheel, you get a good view of the city and landmarks. Apart from that you culd go on the old trafford tour, go to museums, go shopping.If you going for a drink try deansgate or the northen quarter

Or just stay at home ;-)

markhodges1975;3564553

go to Leeds its far better lmao

hey.....
    theres nothing wrong with Manchester

Leave and go to leeds

don`t stay at the Britanya country house hotel the rooms are not clean, bed covers coverd in stains, the jets on the jacuici where black with slime and shelves coverd in dust

smithyp1;3564588

Or just stay at home ;-)

where's that?the championship divsion 1?:thumbsup:

treble99;3564870

where's that?the championship divsion 1?:thumbsup:

I take it being a united fan living in manchester you are in an internet cafe in spain before going the match against villarreal ? :thumbsup:

smithyp1;3565029

I take it being a united fan living in manchester you are in an internet … I take it being a united fan living in manchester you are in an internet cafe in spain before going the match against villarreal ? :thumbsup:

I cant afford to go games whether its home or away, maybe get go to a game now and then, went to liverpool at home last year.
    The idea that all united fans in manchester can go to united games is a joke. There are about 50000/60000 season ticket holders at united and 100'000's of united fans in the UK, so most united fans in manchester cant go because there are season ticket holders in down south, ireland and god knows where else.
    Most united fans in manchester dont go to games cos they cant afford it or cant get tickets cos "foreigners" buy them all
    Anyway cant you support a team without going to the game?I mean to support england in the world cup/euros do you have to go to the game??:thumbsup:

Apologies to OP for turning this in a football thread

treble99;3565228

I cant afford to go games whether its home or away, maybe get go to a … I cant afford to go games whether its home or away, maybe get go to a game now and then, went to liverpool at home last year.The idea that all united fans in manchester can go to united games is a joke. There are about 50000/60000 season ticket holders at united and 100'000's of united fans in the UK, so most united fans in manchester cant go because there are season ticket holders in down south, ireland and god knows where else.Most united fans in manchester dont go to games cos they cant afford it or cant get tickets cos "foreigners" buy them all Anyway cant you support a team without going to the game?I mean to support england in the world cup/euros do you have to go to the game??:thumbsup:Apologies to OP for turning this in a football thread

I am a season ticket holder and so is my brother and we were born in manchester and live in bury/bolton. I hate the cockney reds and all those that come up on the train. Theres only about 5000 of out of towners out of 75,000 reds.

Sematic;3565931

I am a season ticket holder and so is my brother and we were born in … I am a season ticket holder and so is my brother and we were born in manchester and live in bury/bolton. I hate the cockney reds and all those that come up on the train. Theres only about 5000 of out of towners out of 75,000 reds.

5000 your avn a laugh arnt yea:w00t:

Original Poster

what have I started?!

mr miagi;3566155

5000 your avn a laugh arnt yea:w00t:

No i am not. Unless you can prove otherwise i would probably say 5000. I go week in week out and to aways as well so i would probably have a better idea than you. Unless you have some sort of proof.

Sematic;3567996

No i am not. Unless you can prove otherwise i would probably say 5000. I … No i am not. Unless you can prove otherwise i would probably say 5000. I go week in week out and to aways as well so i would probably have a better idea than you. Unless you have some sort of proof.

you must live in cookoo land mate:thumbsup:

roryk83;3566692

what have I started?!

:giggle: at least you know what NOT to mention while you are there

Hope you have a lovely time, I would recommend both Leer's and Treble's post :thumbsup:

make sure you take an umbrella and phrase book :whistling:

Roryk i do apoligise to ruining your thread lol, just some people don't know what they are talking about. I have heard having a drink in the hilton bar is quite nice as it overlooks coronation street and provides a great view for all round manchester. You should go to chinatown as well for dinner or something, its like a different world in that area!

Sematic;3567996

No i am not. Unless you can prove otherwise i would probably say 5000. I … No i am not. Unless you can prove otherwise i would probably say 5000. I go week in week out and to aways as well so i would probably have a better idea than you. Unless you have some sort of proof.

A Manchester Uni survey showed 29% came from Manchester post code areas.

greg_68;3569378

A Manchester Uni survey showed 29% came from Manchester post code areas.

The survey was done by Manchester Met Uni i think and it was a survey that customers at the ticket office filled in a questionnaire. Also the survey was done a few years back and isn't really up to date. Not good enough in my opinion.

Sematic;3579859

The survey was done by Manchester Met Uni i think and it was a survey … The survey was done by Manchester Met Uni i think and it was a survey that customers at the ticket office filled in a questionnaire. Also the survey was done a few years back and isn't really up to date. Not good enough in my opinion.

keep dreaming mate:thumbsup: everyone knows that most utd fans are from out of town. apart from you anyway:p

mr miagi;3585245

keep dreaming mate:thumbsup: everyone knows that most utd fans are from … keep dreaming mate:thumbsup: everyone knows that most utd fans are from out of town. apart from you anyway:p

and me........

but that statement applies to scousers and chelsea fans too

Sematic;3579859

The survey was done by Manchester Met Uni i think and it was a survey … The survey was done by Manchester Met Uni i think and it was a survey that customers at the ticket office filled in a questionnaire. Also the survey was done a few years back and isn't really up to date. Not good enough in my opinion.

Good enough for me and alot of others ........ not that we needed the evidence of a survey to know this ..... :santa:

Sematic;3579859

I don't think fan base location would change that much over a short period of time though.

I am not having a go either I was just posting a survey result, personally I couldn't care less where anyones fans come from.

Unfortunately being so successful means every man and his dog start to support you so it is inevitable that the most successful teams have the highest percentage of out of town support.

p.s I do remember reading a report once that said Liverpool had the highest percentage of out of town fans.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423014437
      2. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1433
      3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710945
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047069

See more discussions