Groups

Things to do in Orlando / Florida

Off to Florida the weekend.

Have done all the parks and the usual stuff and were looking to do something different this time.

Any ideas ?

22 Comments

Go to the baseball - Tampa Bay Rowdies. If you can afford it then get their all-inclusive ticket which includes a great seat, free beer, free soft drinks and huge amounts of food. They keep bringing popcorn and nuts to your armchair-like seat. I went 3 years ago and that was all for about $50. Not sure how much it is now as the team is more successful than it was then.

Original Poster

DLM

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/disneyland-florida/759061http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/spending-money-for-florida/726900http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/places-to-visit-things-to-do-in-flo/695553

Ta :-)

Original Poster

Dickster1

Go to the baseball - Tampa Bay Rowdies. If you can afford it then get … Go to the baseball - Tampa Bay Rowdies. If you can afford it then get their all-inclusive ticket which includes a great seat, free beer, free soft drinks and huge amounts of food. They keep bringing popcorn and nuts to your armchair-like seat. I went 3 years ago and that was all for about $50. Not sure how much it is now as the team is more successful than it was then.

Sounds good, how far is the stadium from kissimee?

Banned

Go to a steak house there's a great on in downtown Disney but for the life of me can't remember the name
    Im sure there's a jack in the name
    Then there's a helicopter ride
    Hope you have a great time

Florida Mall
    Airboat tour - see gators
    Drive to Clearwater on the west coast (of Florida) about 80 miles but real easy to get to and totally worth it
    Drive to Daytona on the East Coast

take me

If you don't mind driving then Clearwater is fantastic and there is plenty to do there.

Daytona racetrack and beach are also good.

Cape Kennedy, for the Space Centre

coco beach, we were lucky enough to see a shuttle launch the day we went

Banned

souljacker

coco beach, we were lucky enough to see a shuttle launch the day we went

oooh. you jammy git! I'd love to see the shuttle! My last visit, they cancelled the schedule. Did get to see a rocket go up in 1990 though! That sonic boom was something!

OP.... For best Roller Coasters go to Busch Gardens
    Try to get a combo ticket here for Universal Parks and Sea world
    Join thedibb.co.uk

Do something other than visit theme parks - get the hell out of Orlando, there are so many other places that are far more interesting. Clearwater, Ft Lauderdale, Tampa, Naples, Key West etc.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the ideas.

We have also been to the space center and busch gardens, bothe really good.

We might venture out or orlando this time and just explore a few random places and see where it takes us.

Will also look at the dibb website, have heard it mentioned lots.

Last time I went we drove to Miami for a Miami Dolphins (NFL) game - it was about 4.5hours drive and well worth it!

They also do an air show at KSC which might be worth checking out if you're there when it's on - it comes highly recommended by the locals.

guv

oooh. you jammy git! I'd love to see the shuttle! My last visit, they … oooh. you jammy git! I'd love to see the shuttle! My last visit, they cancelled the schedule. Did get to see a rocket go up in 1990 though! That sonic boom was something!OP.... For best Roller Coasters go to Busch GardensTry to get a combo ticket here for Universal Parks and Sea worldJoin thedibb.co.uk

We were just lucky really, it happened to be going up the time we were there so we headed down to coco beach to see it, amazing sight

Go to Harry Potter World.

angelfairee

Go to Harry Potter World.

This is a must, amazing place.

The Tampa Bay Rays are really doing well in Major League Baseball, go watch them.

I regret never having been to Cirque du Soleil; everyone says it is fantastic.

Key west and Marco Island -

Go and see some jai-alai. It's a really good night out esp if you try a couple of their bets (v complicated but makes it even more exciting) orlandojaialai.com/ind…php

Also a rodeo can be really good fun as well - yee-ha silverspursrodeo.com/cal…tml

Have fun

Original Poster

More great suggestions guys ....... thanks.

Can't wait to get there especially with the weather here so damp and cold !!!!

Go on a cruise from one of the florida ports,plenty of choice
    4,5 7 days
    cheap as chips !

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Xbox One S Leaked66
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764344
      3. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger11
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…99

See more discussions