Groups

Things to do in Switzerland

I wanted to go to Switzerland but don't know where to book the hotel. Should I book near Geneva Airport? is there anything to do there? And will the restaurants there do raclette?

4 Comments

I go there a lot for work. Geneva is nice and you can have a good wonder around. Its a bit limited though so, personally, I prefer Bern. You should be able to get Raclette anywhere there are tourists around. Maybe consider a couple of nights in Geneva, Bern and Zurich (all have direct trains). The Geneva to Bern train stops in Lausanne. You can get off for a few hours for a look around there as part of the fare.

Get a train pass to get around and try and take in a couple of mountains while you are there. You buy train tickets for those. I recommend Schilthorn and Jungfrau. Also a train journey to Milan for a day or overnight is good. Everything is expensive though.

Check out TripAdvisor.

Original Poster

paul123edwards

I go there a lot for work. Geneva is nice and you can have a good wonder … I go there a lot for work. Geneva is nice and you can have a good wonder around. Its a bit limited though so, personally, I prefer Bern. You should be able to get Raclette anywhere there are tourists around. Maybe consider a couple of nights in Geneva, Bern and Zurich (all have direct trains). The Geneva to Bern train stops in Lausanne. You can get off for a few hours for a look around there as part of the fare.Get a train pass to get around and try and take in a couple of mountains while you are there. You buy train tickets for those. I recommend Schilthorn and Jungfrau. Also a train journey to Milan for a day or overnight is good. Everything is expensive though.

​Thanks some good info there

Yodel
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need Bright Red Exterior Paint. HELP!!33
      2. Do you turn clothes inside out before washing?1827
      3. Barcelona to Lloreta de mar33
      4. Audi A4 2 Batteries and memory card issue34

See more discussions