Groups

Things to do while at the airport and @ 35,000ft in the air ??

Off to vegas tmrw, have done lots of long haul trips but find myself getting very bored and uncomfortable while at the airport and also on the flight.

What do you all do to pass the time ?

Any suggestions ?

43 Comments

buy urself a PSP/DSi?
    read a book?

I take the nds...get loadsa new games and put all my albums on it sorted for a few hours.....also take a book so when I get a headache from playing games I have something else to do that doesnt involve staring at a screen or did you just want everyone to know youre off on hol tmora???

What to do on a plane if the passenger next to you is irritating:

1- Remove your lap top from its bag

2- Open the laptop slowly and carefully

3- Turn on

4- Ensure the passenger next to you is watching

5- Turn on the Internet

6- Close your eyes for a brief moment, open them again, turn your gaze upwards to the skies as if in prayer

7- Take a deep breath and open this site

[url]www.myit-media.de/the_end.html[/url]

8-Observe the facial expression of your neighbouring passenger.

get there late so no waiting and watch movies if its a decent plane

I always find that a couple of pints ( and not enough sleep b4 hand )
    means the flight passes by in no time..........SLEEP is the answer

SuperEd

nlambert;6371108

What to do on a plane if the passenger next to you is irritating:1- … What to do on a plane if the passenger next to you is irritating:1- Remove your lap top from its bag2- Open the laptop slowly and carefully3- Turn on4- Ensure the passenger next to you is watching5- Turn on the Internet6- Close your eyes for a brief moment, open them again, turn your gaze upwards to the skies as if in prayer7- Take a deep breath and open this site[url]www.myit-media.de/the_end.html[/url]8-Observe the facial expression of your neighbouring passenger.

hahahahahahaha :w00t:

yeah, dont check the RNS released this morning from Yell, not good news lol
    Have a good time in vegas dude :thumbsup:

Original Poster

treble99;6371148

yeah, dont check the RNS released this morning from Yell, not good news … yeah, dont check the RNS released this morning from Yell, not good news lolHave a good time in vegas dude :thumbsup:

:cry: I noticed earlier .......

Cheers :thumbsup:

Banned

simon012;6371117

I always find that a couple of pints ( and not enough sleep b4 hand … I always find that a couple of pints ( and not enough sleep b4 hand )means the flight passes by in no time..........SLEEP is the answer

I've got a catch a bus from the airport to the ferry, then drive from the port to the apartment so no drinking for me :-(

off to skoplos island friday...not packed yet

Play with your balls for 9 hours

Original Poster

DarkKnight;6371254

Play with your balls for 9 hours

Am i allowed to stop when i eat?

join the mile high club:whistling::whistling::whistling:

You see someone waitng for their flight, ok, they're just sitting there,
    reading a paper whatever, just chillin out.
    Here's what your gonna do, just like this.
    Walk over to them really slowly, just walk.
    Stand right in front of them, wait till they feel you there,
    you know what I mean?
    When they finally look up at you, just really seriously look them in they
    eyes and go like this...
    "Don't get on the flight."....

smithyp1;6371277

Am i allowed to stop when i eat?

But you can eat with one hand

Original Poster

DarkKnight;6371349

But you can eat with one hand

Now trying to picture air hostess's face when serving me my food while playing with my balls :shock:

smithyp1;6371429

Now trying to picture air hostess's face when serving me my food while … Now trying to picture air hostess's face when serving me my food while playing with my balls :shock:

Is that what you think about when playing with your balls then? :w00t:

sleep!

drink untill u drop:thumbsup:

I agree with Simon & ap- go to sleep. :thumbsup:
    Last long haul I was on the video screens were hopeless so I just dozed and blanked.:roll:

Have a lovely time. I've not been to Vegas. Hope you're doing the Grand Canyon and will have lots of pics to show us when you get back. Is this the 4th and final holiday this year?;-)

Original Poster

DarkKnight;6371521

Is that what you think about when playing with your balls then? :w00t:

Among other things ........... ;-)

How about a dvd player with the 'Birmingham City Greatest Cup Wins' dvd.

That should pass 5 minutes (with a 4 minute intro).

Sorry mate, couldn't resist one before your trip.

Enjoy it, wish I was there (when your in Vegas)

Original Poster

chesso;6371566

I agree with Simon & ap- go to sleep. Last long haul I was on the video … I agree with Simon & ap- go to sleep. Last long haul I was on the video screens were hopeless so I just dozed and blanked.:roll:Have a lovely time. I've not been to Vegas. Hope you're doing the Grand Canyon and will have lots of pics to show us when you get back. Is this the 4th and final holiday this year?

Erm ............... nope ...........:oops:
    We get back from vegas next tuesday and then fly to Florida on the saturday

greg_68;6371638

How about a dvd player with the 'Birmingham City Greatest Cup Wins' … How about a dvd player with the 'Birmingham City Greatest Cup Wins' dvd.That should pass 5 minutes (with a 4 minute intro).Sorry mate, couldn't resist one before your trip.Enjoy it, wish I was there (when your in Vegas)

:x

:thumbsup:

nlambert;6371108

What to do on a plane if the passenger next to you is irritating:1- … What to do on a plane if the passenger next to you is irritating:1- Remove your lap top from its bag2- Open the laptop slowly and carefully3- Turn on4- Ensure the passenger next to you is watching5- Turn on the Internet6- Close your eyes for a brief moment, open them again, turn your gaze upwards to the skies as if in prayer7- Take a deep breath and open this site[url]www.myit-media.de/the_end.html[/url]8-Observe the facial expression of your neighbouring passenger.

Make sure you press F11 to make it full screen...

And take an ethernet cable... plug it in and then lead it to your bag....

Props!

card counting ;-)

nlambert;6371108

dean3988;6371803

Make sure you press F11 to make it full screen... And take an ethernet … Make sure you press F11 to make it full screen... And take an ethernet cable... plug it in and then lead it to your bag....Props!

:lol:

nlambert;6371108

:w00t:

Thats ace! Would love to see someone do that on a plane lol. Probs still get arrested for doing it like.

see tbh if uve got an old gameboy, the mario games are awesome or an ipod touch with some gamne on

Can you get the internet on a plane?
    Who you flying with, have they not got a decent in-flight entertainment system?

If your flying with a good carrier.. virgin etc the in-flight entertainment will be good

smithyp1;6371692

Erm ............... nope ...........:oops: We get back from vegas next … Erm ............... nope ...........:oops: We get back from vegas next tuesday and then fly to Florida on the saturday

Haha - you're worse than me for carbon footprint..:-D

I withdraw my advice to sleep - that's more sleep than you can do in a couple of weeks. A hobby is the way to go - take up knitting, write song lyrics, invent a brilliant gadget ??:p:-D

Original Poster

Goonieman;6372218

Can you get the internet on a plane?Who you flying with, have they not … Can you get the internet on a plane?Who you flying with, have they not got a decent in-flight entertainment system?

Titchimp;6372229

If your flying with a good carrier.. virgin etc the in-flight … If your flying with a good carrier.. virgin etc the in-flight entertainment will be good

US Airways ..... It's not too bad but i could be watching the best and newest movie ever and i would still be uncomfortable !!

chesso;6372230

Haha - you're worse than me for carbon footprint..:-DI withdraw my advice … Haha - you're worse than me for carbon footprint..:-DI withdraw my advice to sleep - that's more sleep than you can do in a couple of weeks. A hobby is the way to go - take up knitting, write song lyrics, invent a brilliant gadget ??:p:-D

That's it, knitting is the way forward ......... the missus will be surprised ........ :w00t:

US Airways isnt too bad hun xx

I usually spend a 9 hr flight constantly negotiating with the kids that they mustnt

a) scream
    b) throw up on the people next to them
    c) shout anything about bombs on entering American airspace.
    d) pack marzipan in their hand luggage

Once you got all that under control.. you can eat, chill out, chat, read a book, watch tv, play games etc xxx

Sorted:thumbsup:

Name that smell !!

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6372451

US Airways isnt too bad hun xxI usually spend a 9 hr flight constantly … US Airways isnt too bad hun xxI usually spend a 9 hr flight constantly negotiating with the kids that they mustnt a) screamb) throw up on the people next to themc) shout anything about bombs on entering American airspace.d) pack marzipan in their hand luggageOnce you got all that under control.. you can eat, chill out, chat, read a book, watch tv, play games etc xxxSorted:thumbsup:

Does anyone else stand in the line for check-in, look around at other passengers on your flight and think 'please god, i hope he/she/them/it isn't sitting next to me for 9 hours' !!!!!!

smithyp1;6372955

Does anyone else stand in the line for check-in, look around at other … Does anyone else stand in the line for check-in, look around at other passengers on your flight and think 'please god, i hope he/she/them/it isn't sitting next to me for 9 hours' !!!!!!

Absolutely!! Please, saints above, let it not be them; I will be good and kind for ever more.

Oh and knitting: :w00t:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii78/chesso_photos/knitteddress.jpg

Original Poster

chesso;6373140

Absolutely!! Please, saints above, let it not be them; I will be good … Absolutely!! Please, saints above, let it not be them; I will be good and kind for ever more.Oh and knitting: :w00t:

Can just picture the missus wearing that walking down the strip ........ :lol:

smithyp1;6372955

Does anyone else stand in the line for check-in, look around at other … Does anyone else stand in the line for check-in, look around at other passengers on your flight and think 'please god, i hope he/she/them/it isn't sitting next to me for 9 hours' !!!!!!

yep.... I beg not to be sat near the smelly old men or the younger men who think you wanna listen to their whole life story for the entire flight lol xx

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6373507

yep.... I beg not to be sat near the smelly old men or the younger men … yep.... I beg not to be sat near the smelly old men or the younger men who think you wanna listen to their whole life story for the entire flight lol xx

or seeing young kids and screaming babies at check-in arrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh :viking::evil:

jerk it

jerk it hard

smithyp1;6373537

or seeing young kids and screaming babies at check-in … or seeing young kids and screaming babies at check-in arrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh :viking::evil:

:-D

Been there done that sooooooooooo many times :w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media TV56
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?33
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions