Groups

Think

I see lots of signs 'Think Bike' but I have yet to see a sign that says 'Biker, Think!!'

20 Comments

I agree. It annoys me when cyclists and bikers squeeze through traffic. Those cyclists who think they are permitted to jump the lights maddens me. I wonder how many of them have even bothered to read the Highway Code. Motorists are not always to blame.

What about when the drivers try to cut me off and scare me!

It's 6 of 1 and half-a-dozen of the other. Both can be just as bad.

car drivers get annoyed when you LEGALLY filter and some try to block the gap, as if a motorcyclist is going to hold up a car driver!

I think the problem with cyclists is that most of them dont ride properly weaving in and out and riding in the middle of the road rather at the side - cant wait for this bike super highway to be put in place as i would ride my bike places but now its just too dangerous bad enough on my moped

"Look, Look then Look again...for that moterbike thats travelling 50mph in the 30 zone..."

Still - you'll get an insurance claim and an inconvenient garage trip and they'll be dead. Potentially.

Cars don't see bikes, bikes DO see cars.

A mistake in a car might mean bumper damage... etc. You can understand why, can't you OP? As a biker and car driver I consider myself much more aware of the road that most car-only drivers. It's VERY important to take longer to look for bikes - particularly if you've been driving for a long time...

ohdaesu;5431289

car drivers get annoyed when you LEGALLY filter and some try to block the … car drivers get annoyed when you LEGALLY filter and some try to block the gap, as if a motorcyclist is going to hold up a car driver!

+1

Why do they care? :x

red_dwarfer;5431379

"Look, Look then Look again...for that moterbike thats travelling 50mph … "Look, Look then Look again...for that moterbike thats travelling 50mph in the 30 zone..."

not true i was going 15 mph in traffic and got hit by some ****** pulling right into a main road - BANG hit me
    i got whiplash damaged bike - the car got a bit of paint from my bike and that was it was off work for a week
    Some drivers dont see motorbikes and some dont look theres a difference
    Im a biker, cyclists and driver but i check my mirrors and blind spot so much thanks to riding a bike

Me too a: biker, on road Quadbike rider, cyclist and driver. Always ride with headlight on - many times NOT seen by tossers on the phone or fiddling with something :x

ALL people who take a car test should also HAVE to do a CBT test on road to make them more aware of hazards around them and the double life saver check BEFORE manouvering.

It would certainly open their eyes to what's going on outside the metal box they sit in

big-boy;5431712

Me too a: biker, on road Quadbike rider, cyclist and driver. Always ride … Me too a: biker, on road Quadbike rider, cyclist and driver. Always ride with headlight on - many times NOT seen by tossers on the phone or fiddling with something :xALL people who take a car test should also HAVE to do a CBT test on road to make them more aware of hazards around them and the double life saver check BEFORE manouvering. It would certainly open their eyes to what's going on outside the metal box they sit in

bikers should learn to not weave in and out of three lanes of motorway traffic

ding;5432132

bikers should learn to not weave in and out of three lanes of motorway … bikers should learn to not weave in and out of three lanes of motorway traffic

Bikers should not WEAVE but they are perfectly entitled to move through stationary traffic. To say that bikers are poor road users is idiotic. Bikers that are on the road are normally alive and to stay alive on a bike means you are brand new to biking or a careful road user!

"There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers. However, there are no old and bold bikers!"

Im a driver but believe I am aware enough of the bikes, I dont have problems with them filtering through stationary or slow traffic, in fact I will often move over to give them more space, no skin off my nose, I will still get to my destination at the same time and theres less chance of them scratching my car (which one has done in the past by trying to squeeze through a gap WAY too small!).
    The problem is, as with car drivers, there will always be the minority that give the others a bad rep, the ones that fly round the country roads, cut people up, overtake on corners, weave in moving traffic (between lanes) and attempt to pressure other drivers (also cyclists disregarding lights etc).
    I can appreciate all of the above, yet I do agree with the OP idea of the 'biker think' signs, SOME bikers are too cocky for their own good. I dont see what harm these signs could do, I have known bikes stay in my blind spot for ages, most decent bikers will back off and stay visible until they are going to overtake etc.
    Most bike/car accidents have some kind of liability from all concerned.
    Overall I agree with the 'biker think' sign idea
    ...rant over

ding;5432132

bikers should learn to not weave in and out of three lanes of motorway … bikers should learn to not weave in and out of three lanes of motorway traffic

perhaps drivers shouldn't just sit in the middle lane of the motorway, effectively making a three lane road into a two lane road :x

ohdaesu;5432314

perhaps drivers shouldn't just sit in the middle lane of the motorway, … perhaps drivers shouldn't just sit in the middle lane of the motorway, effectively making a three lane road into a two lane road :x

Yeah but that affects other car drivers as well as bikers....regardless undertaking is still illegal, I wouldnt take the risk in a car, let alone a bike.
    When I passed my test, my dad told me to treat EVERY other road user (drivers/bikers/cyclists/pedestrians etc) as idiots....that way you wont be shocked when they are one, I constantly try to plan and predict what stupid moves others are going to take, and its a piece of advice that has allowed me to avoid accidents many times.

lil_tiger;5432375

Yeah but that affects other car drivers as well as bikers....regardless … Yeah but that affects other car drivers as well as bikers....regardless undertaking is still illegal, I wouldnt take the risk in a car, let alone a bike.When I passed my test, my dad told me to treat EVERY other road user (drivers/bikers/cyclists/pedestrians etc) as idiots....that way you wont be shocked when they are one, I constantly try to plan and predict what stupid moves others are going to take, and its a piece of advice that has allowed me to avoid accidents many times.

Didn't just mean bikers, I use a car and a bike,

ohdaesu;5432434

Didn't just mean bikers, I use a car and a bike,

ahh ok, thought you were meaning bikes

Suicidal bikers are, in my experience, idiots. They remove themsleves from the gene-pool fairly quickly and I really don't think a sign asking them to 'think' would work. It's true that they give the rest of us a bad rep - appealing to the other sensible motorists is the only way.

Where would we be without crazy bikers - when they fall off they provide sick people on the transplant waiting list with the organs they need.

Is it awful that I saw the sign 'Think Bike' and my mind wondered to remember the ... urmm ... slutty girl nicknamed 'the bike' who frequented a number of the blokes living on my floor (floor of flats not floor of my room lol) at Uni? Probably shouldn't admit that.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944485
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927360
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767263
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671408

See more discussions