Groups

Think I have carpet bugs, any easy way to get rid of them?

Moved some sofas around today and noticed very small, almost unnoticeable bugs, at first I thought they were crumbs of dirt that was under the sofas that I couldnt get at normally but when I used a dustpan and brush noticed they were moving!

Googling carpet bugs they look like tiny tiny worm like things, and eone or two mini beetle like things.

Also would like to know if anyone knew how they could of come to be here? I live across the road from a river and in a very old building but keep it very clean so it shouldnt be a cleaning issue.

14 Comments

whatsThePoint

Are you sure they are carpet bugs?They sound like Phthirus pubis to me

inb4 Oh no you didn't

They sound like cupboard beetles. The larva are in a kind of brown stripy curly coating about the size of a grain of rice curled round and the adults are tiny black oval beetles. They eat food crumbs and that is what attracts them. If you are in a flat, they could be coming from another flat in the building. The best way to keep them at bay is just to keep no food crumbs where they can get at them, keep the place well vacuumed etc.

Banned

This thread is gonna make someone puke.

get acclaim flea spray from your local pet shop and it will kill everything and you wont see any bugs for about a yr,got this when my dog had fleas and sprayed my house,it was great never evan saw a woodlouse

Would a carpet steamer kill em? I'd give it a go.

Use your vacuum cleaner every day.

That's what you get for killing all those spiders during the Summer

rouga

...Googling carpet bugs they look like tiny tiny worm like things, and … ...Googling carpet bugs they look like tiny tiny worm like things, and eone or two mini beetle like things.

Look for some images of "Silverfish" & see if they match what you saw.

BFN,

fp.

cannyscot

Use your vacuum cleaner every day.

This +++

Daily cleaning is your best bet but If your really paranoid about it, you could get a bug bomb, but you will have to leave the house for most of the day with your pets dont use it if you have tropical fish.

Remove the carpet?

Banned

http://pestcontrolcanada.com/Questions/Ohio%20carpet%20beetle%20larva.jpg

lumoruk

Hairy Rice Crispies!

whatsThePoint

Are you sure they are carpet bugs?They sound like Phthirus pubis to me

Bush tucker?

Predikuesi

Hairy Rice Crispies!

Look more like sugar puffs to me
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions