Think im giving up submitting deals.

21 replies
Found 22nd Feb 2009
posted a deal earlier (gelert moon chair) £11.49 delivered amazon.people voting cold,How can this be £20+ on ebay delivered,this chair cannot be found cheaper on the net or instore.no reasons left for cold votes.do people just vote cold for the fun of it.Am i a bit nieve

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
21 Comments

It's frustrating I know - but people vote cold just because they don't need one, or want one!

You can bet your post will help someone - so try not to take it to heart too much.

Some people are just baah humbugs!

Don't worry about it - keep posting and one day you'll get a 'HOT' deal...

But anyway... there may be just one person desperate for one of those, and you could have helped them get it cheap, so don't worry about the temp

I agree with what Butterflies said Paul, there will always be some who will think your deal isn't such a good deal. Don't take it personal.

Someone will be glad of your post. :thumbsup:

i never vote cold even if it is as people have taken the time to post something on here so if u vote cold then it's like saying im not interested get out of my facekinda thing.
i will have a [email protected]@k at the chair now and tell u what i think of it.

very good price. unfortuantly it will be no use to me! however some people will love to have one of these.
thanks for posting!

im still trying to find out a cheaper way of gettin 2 extra pieces of chicken :-D

hotukdeals.com/ite…99/

Glitzybabe;4455794

i never vote cold even if it is as people have taken the time to post … i never vote cold even if it is as people have taken the time to post something on here so if u vote cold then it's like saying im not interested get out of my facekinda thing.i will have a [email protected]@k at the chair now and tell u what i think of it.

Cold voting is to say its a bad deal as theres cheaper alternatives or its a bad company bad website or bad delivery a number of things, just because someones took the time to post something doesn't make it a good deal.

Yes, I never vote cold on a deal unless it's genuinely not a good deal (e.g. loads cheaper elsewhere). Otherwise it puts people off, stops them posting and that doesn't help anyone! We're all here to help each other so ignore those who vote cold just coz they don't want one - as already stated, there will be someone who read that deal and ordered it, who might not even log in and rate it but that doesn't mean they've not taken it up.
DON'T get dispirited. 99.9% of us appreciate wot u do ! thumbsup:

Daft Punk;4455826

Cold voting is to say its a bad deal as theres cheaper alternatives or … Cold voting is to say its a bad deal as theres cheaper alternatives or its a bad company bad website or bad delivery a number of things, just because someones took the time to post something doesn't make it a good deal.

You are right but the voter needs to explain which of those reasons is the reason for the cold vote..:thumbsup:

Paul dont forget people are just not with it sometimes too think how i felt about this

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9035/hukd.jpg

Guy compared mine to a more expensive one then votes me cold lol, you just gotta take it on the chin.

sillybilly;4455860

Yes, I never vote cold on a deal unless it's genuinely not a good deal … Yes, I never vote cold on a deal unless it's genuinely not a good deal (e.g. loads cheaper elsewhere). Otherwise it puts people off, stops them posting and that doesn't help anyone! We're all here to help each other so ignore those who vote cold just coz they don't want one - as already stated, there will be someone who read that deal and ordered it, who might not even log in and rate it but that doesn't mean they've not taken it up.DON'T get dispirited. 99.9% of us appreciate wot u do ! thumbsup:

Thats right and the OP has to remember than like at this moment there at 6000 more guests looking at the deals than members, so chances are it is more appreciated than can be shown

Original Poster

Cheers for all the replys so soon. but im of the mind a cold vote needs a reason.ie cheaper,**** quality,i posted this deal because i no the quality to be top of the range.i paid nearly £30 last year for 1.ive used this loads no problems.just to finish a cold vote needs a reason so everything is transparent to all.(just a thought) once again thanks for all replys.
Paulx

Perhaps this could be a reason ie if you vote cold you have to choose from a list of why cold e.g.

Cheaper Elsewhere
Poor product
etc.

Any comments?

Original Poster

packard;4456149

Perhaps this could be a reason ie if you vote cold you have to choose … Perhaps this could be a reason ie if you vote cold you have to choose from a list of why cold e.g.Cheaper ElsewherePoor productetc.Any comments?

I concur,
Agree totally with your idea

Don't worry, there are a lot of geeks on here who only vote hot when it's an xbox or playstation game for peanuts, everything else is cold. Best just to pity them and not worry about it! Normal people appreciate your deals! ;-)

Ignore the ice trolls m8. If it goes cold without people replying as to why its been voted cold and not providing any cheaper links then report it to the mods who can check to see whos been voting cold and have them slapped for doing it.

A small percentage of users see some sort of gratification in voting cold for no reason, or for a reason that they are too afraid to post saying why they are voting cold.

Dont let these so called members of the community get to you. Keep posting....

Here, have some rep, you deserve it for your efforts

packard;4456149

Perhaps this could be a reason ie if you vote cold you have to choose … Perhaps this could be a reason ie if you vote cold you have to choose from a list of why cold e.g.Cheaper ElsewherePoor productetc.Any comments?

I have said this a few times, voting cold with no comments helps nobody unless someone else has already made the comment and you are agreeing.
A few choices and a box for expansion, e.g. Cheaper Elsewhere ....... Amazon, Poor Product.......cheap plastic casing ..... and so on.
We would all benefit with this..

mosskeeto;4456651

I have said this a few times, voting cold with no comments helps nobody … I have said this a few times, voting cold with no comments helps nobody unless someone else has already made the comment and you are agreeing.A few choices and a box for expansion, e.g. Cheaper Elsewhere ....... Amazon, Poor Product.......cheap plastic casing ..... and so on.We would all benefit with this..

Good idea. Start a thread in "]Feedback".

Daft Punk;4455868

Paul dont forget people are just not with it sometimes too think how i … Paul dont forget people are just not with it sometimes too think how i felt about this Guy compared mine to a more expensive one then votes me cold lol, you just gotta take it on the chin.

So you'd rather spend £8.95 on a used copy?...

Rather than £9.99 on a brand new copy from Play?

Before possible 5% off RAC code AND 4% Quidco?

That was a perfectly rational response by kapows imo

thesaint;4458484

Good idea. Start a thread in "]Feedback".

I did and it got spammed and removed... Progress .... dont you love it.....:viking:

Butterflies;4455712

It's frustrating I know - but people vote cold just because they don't … It's frustrating I know - but people vote cold just because they don't need one, or want one!You can bet your post will help someone - so try not to take it to heart too much.Some people are just baah humbugs!

+ 1
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18216634
    2. Lower car insurance21
    3. Coming up to bonfire night ...1518
    4. Hope of a cure for asthma22

See more discussions