Expired

think my samsung tv 32 inch has died :(

SuperEd 19 replies
Found 26th Mar 2010
tried diff power supply but getting no power (no stand by light)

19 Comments

Original Poster SuperEd

model code LE32S73BDXJXEU
VERSION PP06

Banned

Punch it ?

Original Poster SuperEd

ryman1000;8217594

Punch it ?

tried that lol

out of warranty?

Original Poster SuperEd

dontdothatagain;8217649

out of warranty?

yup im knackered

You probably have but have you tried a different socket ?
Otherwise, as previously sugested, punching it may help relieve your anger with it :P

goonertillidie;8217661

yup im knackered

Unfortunate. Should have lasted longer than it has. Less than 2 years? Sure you're entitled to a refund/replacement according to EU law or something similar.

can I sneak in here and ask if my 22" lcd has def died - it keeps switching off onto standby? sorry OP but saves me posting up a new thread

(tv around 5yrs but not used much - a bedroom tv)

Original Poster SuperEd

ErrorOperator;8217672

You probably have but have you tried a different socket ? Otherwise, as … You probably have but have you tried a different socket ? Otherwise, as previously sugested, punching it may help relieve your anger with it :P

yep tried everything i can think of ,i know power is getting to the cable,but no standby light :cry:

might have to claim off insurance

Original Poster SuperEd

bossyboots;8217688

can I sneak in here and ask if my 22" lcd has def died - it keeps … can I sneak in here and ask if my 22" lcd has def died - it keeps switching off onto standby? sorry OP but saves me posting up a new thread(tv around 5yrs but not used much - a bedroom tv)

u threadjacker you :-D course i dont mind :thumbsup:

bossyboots;8217688

can I sneak in here and ask if my 22" lcd has def died - it keeps … can I sneak in here and ask if my 22" lcd has def died - it keeps switching off onto standby? sorry OP but saves me posting up a new thread(tv around 5yrs but not used much - a bedroom tv)

Surely thats something simple like a faulty capicator on one of the power boards.

Original Poster SuperEd

Adam2050;8217714

Surely thats something simple like a faulty capicator on one of the power … Surely thats something simple like a faulty capicator on one of the power boards.

what about ME :-D

goonertillidie;8217718

what about ME :-D

It was probably you he meant. Samsung have been seeding their TVs with self-destructing underspec'd capacitors for quite a while. Open your telly up and look at the internal PSU, bet there's a bunch of caps on it that have swollen or popped.

Original Poster SuperEd

dxx;8217833

It was probably you he meant. Samsung have been seeding their TVs with … It was probably you he meant. Samsung have been seeding their TVs with self-destructing underspec'd capacitors for quite a while. Open your telly up and look at the internal PSU, bet there's a bunch of caps on it that have swollen or popped.

will have a quick look tomorrow, it did smell like a burnt hairdryer so poss could be that :x

Adam2050;8217714

Surely thats something simple like a faulty capicator on one of the power … Surely thats something simple like a faulty capicator on one of the power boards.

what does that mean! what do we do!

not long Adam till THE BIG DAY for you:-D

Original Poster SuperEd

bossyboots;8217890

what does that mean! what do we do!not long Adam till THE BIG DAY … what does that mean! what do we do!not long Adam till THE BIG DAY for you:-D

u need a flux capacitor:thumbsup:

you dont have to claim off insurance .. you can go back to the retailer you got it from as electricals like tvs are to last a min of 6 years ... my best advice is to call Consumer Direct .. This laptop am on now cost me £2000 when i bought it about 4 years ago when it was 3 years old the motherboard died .. the retailer paid £450 for a new one fitting .. and all the help i got was from Consumers Direct ..

goonertillidie;8217904

u need a flux capacitor:thumbsup:

:oops: thankyou! will quietly leave you thread and thankyou for having me :-D

Budgie2k7;8218215

you dont have to claim off insurance .. you can go back to the retailer … you dont have to claim off insurance .. you can go back to the retailer you got it from as electricals like tvs are to last a min of 6 years..

This is true (5 years in Scotland).

Go back to the retailer after looking up the 6 year rule online.:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54315414
    2. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    3. word association Game74244894
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128
    5. sweet Sundays codes need to be redeemed by 23.59 on the 19th of October56

See more discussions