Groups

Thinking about getting a used Samsung Galaxy s5

My Moto E had some water damage on our last trip and does not work anymore and I need to buy a new phone. I was thinking about getting something rugged with some waterproofing. At the moment my choices are the Moto G 3rd gen 2gb for £120 new from Amazon or a Galaxy s5 of ebay for £130 in "Good condition" from musicMagpie or £145 "Like New" from PhotoDeals on ebay.

Can I get some advice please? I am not sure if I am making the right choice.

EDIT: Can PhotoDeals be trusted? I have read some really worrying things about them...How about musicMagpie?

6 Comments

Do not bother with the s5. I bought a new one from argos for £300 the end of last year.
    Got rid of it 6 months later, it had screen burn and was unresponsive.
    Got a refund and swapped for a nexus 5x.
    One of the best mobiles I have had. Very good specs for the price and is a Google device so is running nougat already.
    The nexus 5x 16GB was £180 from argos and we'll worth it.

Not sure about moto g 3rd gen.

I had an s5 for two years before my s7 edge, it was a great little phone and had no issues at all, it did get a little slow towards the end as apps now need more memory etc, ignore the answer above as clearly he got stung for £300 on a £150 phone,

i Have one contract vodafone 3g data something ridiculous text and calls £15 got extra discount through friends and family if you know someone who works at [email protected]@@rys .the phone is great imo

I'm still using my 2yr old S5 & is still going strong, no issues at all.

My advice would be to buy new if you can. I have gone down the Chinese phone route but plenty of new good spec phones posted here for around £110 although not waterproof. Always a risk buying second hand or referb.. Bought 3 in the past and only 1 lasted. That was a lg g3 for the Mrs. My nearly new Lg g4 and a htc onex died. My bought new s3 still works after 3 years... You know what's happened to a phone if you get new.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)34
      2. Amazon prime subscribe & save46
      3. Decent Mp3 Player?22
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?610

See more discussions