Thinking of becoming CORGI registered!!

14 replies
Found 15th Feb 2009
Think may start doing plumbing course and become Corgi registered!

Does anyone know how long the courses are and the costs involved?

Has anyone done this and is it worth it?

Have got a degree in Business and IT but thinking of doing something different as good to be multi-skilled!!

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks!!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

Banned

corgi is going

Original Poster

sassie;4390386

corgi is going

Are they?

So you have a degree in business and you want to become a plumber?

Wow, serious life choice.

Original Poster

The JFK;4390422

So you have a degree in business and you want to become a plumber?Wow, … So you have a degree in business and you want to become a plumber?Wow, serious life choice.

Least I got one!! No H4TE!!

Also people keep on subject any help?

Surely doing a plumbing course is not dependant on becoming Corgi registered.
Do the course first then when you understand the plumbing/heating trade a little more consider becoming Corgi registered.

I heard it costs around £700 a year to register. You can still get work without that outlay.

I thought CORGI registered pertained to Gas Safety and not plumbing :?

]http//ww…tml

Original Poster

rockyfella;4390607

Surely doing a plumbing course is not dependant on becoming Corgi … Surely doing a plumbing course is not dependant on becoming Corgi registered.Do the course first then when you understand the plumbing/heating trade a little more consider becoming Corgi registered.I heard it costs around £700 a year to register. You can still get work without that outlay.

I know but no one really trusts you and most of the building R+R require Corgi registered person to fit the appliances. It is one off payment to get registered and also not that bad at DIY! :-D

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4390626

I thought CORGI registered pertained to Gas Safety and not plumbing … I thought CORGI registered pertained to Gas Safety and not plumbing :?]http://www.trustcorgi.com/Pages/index.html

Same thing as fixing radiators etc....

Banned

sassie;4390386

corgi is going

they sure are, not sure when the move over is though :thumbsup:

I wouldn't bother becoming corgi registered, it costs a small fortune every year to keep it up to date.

Just stick to plumbing

Original Poster

rockyfella;4390791

Corgi being replaced with Gas Safe … Corgi being replaced with Gas Safe Registerhttps://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/

Found that last night! :thumbsup:

souljacker;4390849

I wouldn't bother becoming corgi registered, it costs a small fortune … I wouldn't bother becoming corgi registered, it costs a small fortune every year to keep it up to date.Just stick to plumbing

True but it does pay off as costs alot, call out charges are like £40 :w00t:

Banned

Naeem786;4392269

Found that last night! :thumbsup:True but it does pay off as costs alot, … Found that last night! :thumbsup:True but it does pay off as costs alot, call out charges are like £40 :w00t:

Call out charges have zero to do with corgi. That's just greed on the part of the plumber.

Original Poster

guv;4392407

Call out charges have zero to do with corgi. That's just greed on the … Call out charges have zero to do with corgi. That's just greed on the part of the plumber.

But working for a reputable company thats the charges, greed has made the world what it is now, you a plumber?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Unlock access to thousands of hidden movies and genres on Netflix using cod…67
    2. Add one, leave one game54415470
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522887
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769611

See more discussions