Groups

Thinking of buying a boy dog but only owned bitches before

I'm thinking of getting a boy boxer dog but am not sure what boys are like.

Some people say they try to hump your leg and smell a bit, can also be more agressive than bitches. Can anyone share there knowledge with me ?
    Thanks

15 Comments

I've only ever had female dogs before too hun, sorry xx

But good luck with your new pup xxx

Mod & Ed

I've had boy and girl dogs, and I've always thought that as long as you neuter the boys as soon as the vet says they can be, and house train them asap, ( if you buy from a reputable breeder they should've already started to do this )they are more loyal and loving than the girls.

Chop it off!!

Original Poster

wishihadadonkey;6515479

I've had boy and girl dogs, and I've always thought that as long as you … I've had boy and girl dogs, and I've always thought that as long as you neuter the boys as soon as the vet says they can be, and house train them asap, ( if you buy from a reputable breeder they should've already started to do this )they are more loyal and loving than the girls.

and if he wasn't neutered so I could use him for stud how might he behave ?

Banned

only ever had boys so couldnt help really, other than no hormonal problems

never chopped it off....occasionally had to throw bucket of water on them when they get horny and strt humping other dogs

i have always had boy dogs till three weeks ago then bought a girl dog
    first of all never had a problem with them humping legs or anything
    secondly not more aggressive (ive had no aggression from any dog)
    i have never noticed them smelling anyworse then other dogs
    i had three german shepard male dogs in the past at the mo i have a male yorkie and female yorkie when we first had yorkie it was hard taking him round anywhere new because he would cock his leg everywhere that has now stopped since he got older
    flowers dont stand much chance growing unless they are tall he loves cocking his leg up them lol
    good luck in finding the right puppy

Mod & Ed

flowers172;6515505

and if he wasn't neutered so I could use him for stud how might he behave … and if he wasn't neutered so I could use him for stud how might he behave ?

Well have co owned British Bulldog stud boys in the past, and they tended to be quite docile most of the time as they are a docile breed, but weren't keen on other males, went off their food when they had bitches into stud, and also when they hadn't for a while, they did want to mark their territory quite a bit indoors and out, and were keen on legs at times, did have one who kept trying to get out to roam, I know boxers are more exciteable anyway, so may display more of the above.
    A stud boy does need a certain amount of work otherwise he can become depressed ( all the hormones ), so you should make sure that there is ample work for him, and that he has no breed defects etc.

Original Poster

Thanks for the comments,as Im still not sure I may go for a girl as its gonna be around for a long time,wouldnt
    want to make the wrong choice,that cocking of the leg does get on my nerves when I see them doing that.

my german shepards were 14 when they died and they hadnt been given the chop lol but they were fine my yorkies now 21/2 he hasnt been done either i might breed him with the new puppy as she gets older his not aggressive in any way never seen him hump anything and they have all got on with other dogs

im worried about having girl dog because people have informed me that they ruin the lawn it should be fun i have no flowers and no grass lovely lol

Mod & Ed

ttwcd;6515588

my german shepards were 14 when they died and they hadnt been given the … my german shepards were 14 when they died and they hadnt been given the chop lol but they were fine my yorkies now 21/2 he hasnt been done either i might breed him with the new puppy as she gets older his not aggressive in any way never seen him hump anything and they have all got on with other dogsim worried about having girl dog because people have informed me that they ruin the lawn it should be fun i have no flowers and no grass lovely lol

My 2 girls do leave little brown patches on the lawn unfortunately, and since they think they're moles and dig constantly my lawn is full of what look like crop circles and craters lol

I think with entire males, if they've never used their bits they don't know what they're missing:oops: but once they have had the pleasure they want more and more :whistling:

wishihadadonkey;6515742

My 2 girls do leave little brown patches on the lawn unfortunately, and … My 2 girls do leave little brown patches on the lawn unfortunately, and since they think they're moles and dig constantly my lawn is full of what look like crop circles and craters lolI think with entire males, if they've never used their bits they don't know what they're missing:oops: but once they have had the pleasure they want more and more :whistling:

+1

Girly dog pee burns the lawn too xxxx

Surprised there has been no "Owning Bitches" jokes yet!

I wouldn't stop that low :whistling:

my two boy gsd was dad and son and after he done the deed he was still fine i guess i was just lucky mind you neither of them could cock their legs

My Staffy bitch humps my leg - go figure ???

wishihadadonkey;6515479

I've had boy and girl dogs, and I've always thought that as long as you … I've had boy and girl dogs, and I've always thought that as long as you neuter the boys as soon as the vet says they can be, and house train them asap, ( if you buy from a reputable breeder they should've already started to do this )they are more loyal and loving than the girls.

yeah have to agree with you, mines 2 years old now, had him done at 6 months he is so good :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?34212
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …108228
      3. GOT Leaks again1022
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1741

See more discussions