Groups

Thinking of buying a new Dell pc

Hi

Looking at buying a new Dell tower, we have an old Time computer so it's getting rather old.

The one I'm looking at is £279 and it's one of their special offers just now. It's the Inspiron 560 with Pentium processor (no monitor). It has things I would want like the memory card readers.

Seems pretty fine to me. I don't have any great needs hence I am still using the old Time one (it must be old, they went bust years ago!).

My husband is saying that I might not be able to play castaway etc (can only play it on his laptop just now), because it has an integrated graphics card. He thinks we would be better getting the separate graphics card. Any thoughts?

Choices are:-
    Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100
    or
    512MB ATI Radeon HD4350 (+£60)

If I don't need it, I don't see the point in paying for it, so any advice appreciated.

Would this PC be a good deal for me? Decided to buy dell due to good experience with laptop and netbook.

3 Comments

a 3100 integrated graphics card is not going to get you very far at all as far as gaming goes, but then neither will the other one, might be as well to look at ebay or similar for one that someone has built themselves, Dell are good if you are making a big purchase because the warranty etc are very good but for a cheap pc you could get better value elsewhere

Banned

ebuyer.com/pro…294

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ies

Support for DirectX 9 graphics and 32 MB of graphics memory

if its this game then the specs probably point the integrated graphics to work fine. if not then just buy the card i linked. i have it and it's very good. you probably wont need the card and the PC is going to feel super fast to your current pc.

insomiac - does it look like she is going to start playing crysis? NO.

Original Poster

Thanks both.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.610
      2. Has anyone found any Baileys Pumpkin Spiced for sale in the UK ?44
      3. DVD storage45
      4. Large card print/poster..33

See more discussions