Groups

Thinking of buying a tortoise any one help

Just need to know are there any tortoises
    that i do not need to buy a vivarium to put them in
    thanks
    Tortoise will be 1 year old
    thanks all

18 Comments

they are agile little ****ers, watch it carefully or it will escape :thumbsup:

Mine managed to jump a 4 foot high fence to escape.

supergoose;6453620

Mine managed to jump a 4 foot high fence to escape.

my mate used to have one, they let it out in the garden once, and it dug a hole to freedom!!!

I think all types need a viv for quite a few years my cousin has one thats 3years old and that still has to be in a viv and just goes in a run in the garden on warm days.

They used them in the war for tunneling in Colditz :whistling:

micoo;6453644

my mate used to have one, they let it out in the garden once, and it dug … my mate used to have one, they let it out in the garden once, and it dug a hole to freedom!!!

lol quite amusing!:-D

my mum has 1 weve had it 4 years so far gos in garden but mine dosent dig holes it runs around the house it cums to me wen i got food like my dog the dog diggs holes. it depends on wot breed

I would say you have to get one, I have had them before and am looking to get one again and have found these, which i think look cool, if you want to have it open and not take up much space
    look at item number 330363575208 on ebay

Original Poster

not fussed about the breed
    just don't want to buy a vivarium for it
    or do they all need a viv

Well, before you buy one you might also like to read the laws on buying/selling of them to see if you are breaking any laws

tortoisecentre.co.uk/tor…htm

If you have flowers in the garden........yum yum yum

Original Poster

paddy.stone;6454513

Well, before you buy one you might also like to read the laws on … Well, before you buy one you might also like to read the laws on buying/selling of them to see if you are breaking any lawshttp://www.tortoisecentre.co.uk/tortoise%20law.htm

Have had a look on internet but i can not find the answer
    to my question

I take it you don't know

mupping boo;6454762

Have had a look on internet but i can not find the answerto my questionI … Have had a look on internet but i can not find the answerto my questionI take it you don't know

Don't know what?

I can't advise as to whether you're buying illegally as I don't know the seller or anything...

from the link I gave you

Before buying a tortoise check the certificates which are being used and … Before buying a tortoise check the certificates which are being used and make sure it is in the sellers name unless it is a Specimen Specific Article 10 Certificate which will show the microchip number in box 4. If you suspect that a tortoise is be sold illegally with incorrect papers or no papers at all you should report them to DEFRA and help discourage the illegal trade in tortoise's.

leilahfun;6453646

I think all types need a viv for quite a few years my cousin has one … I think all types need a viv for quite a few years my cousin has one thats 3years old and that still has to be in a viv and just goes in a run in the garden on warm days.

wrong,,,they need a tortoise table,,,

mupping boo;6453785

not fussed about the breed just don't want to buy a vivarium for itor do … not fussed about the breed just don't want to buy a vivarium for itor do they all need a viv

buy a tortoise table,,,but learn about types before you buy,,,my sons have horsfields which are small and cute, my wifes got a leopard tortoise which grows BIG,,,sulcatas are VERY big,,,but they are a lovely pets so get one,,,horsfields,herman and others need hibernating,,,leopards,sulcatas and others don't,,,:)

longbowassassin;6455810

wrong,,,they need a tortoise table,,,

Thats what my link was for cheap, but people these days dont care lol

tortoise table or viv it dont really matter they cant be kept in the garden 24/7 ! i think i would prefere a viv if on veiw over a tortoise table any day.

leilahfun;6458061

tortoise table or viv it dont really matter they cant be kept in the … tortoise table or viv it dont really matter they cant be kept in the garden 24/7 ! i think i would prefere a viv if on veiw over a tortoise table any day.

It's rather misleading to let people believe there is any knowledge behind your statements,,,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)67
      2. Ditched Sky1316
      3. Hatchimals on Ebay - are they fake?33
      4. Nightmare with BT over Broadband56

See more discussions