Expired

thinking of converting my tropical tank to a saltwater tank is it easy?

SuperEd 13 replies
Found 13th Oct 2009
anybody done this?

been thinking it for a while and finally want to do it

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

Just add salt :thumbsup:

Original Poster SuperEd

tonyg1962;6562357

Just add salt :thumbsup:

lol think theres a bit more to it :thumbsup: now where is the SAXA SALT :-D

I beleive the chemical balances are far more critical in a salt water tank. Therefore a lot more hard work setting up and keeping it that way.

I guess it's a lot more hard work but the benefits are greater.

Original Poster SuperEd

jeany123;6562396

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/tropical_fish/98845

thank you jeany :thumbsup: repped

Original Poster SuperEd

greg_68;6562412

I beleive the chemical balances are far more critical in a salt water … I beleive the chemical balances are far more critical in a salt water tank. Therefore a lot more hard work setting up and keeping it that way.I guess it's a lot more hard work but the benefits are greater.

yeh just want to do it now

you need quite a bit for kit like protien skimmers ect, i would buy a book i got this one
amazon.co.uk/Int…-13
after reading this my aquaruim is still tropical!! Do lots of research first as it could prove costly not to! Also not all tanks are designed to be able to add the extras needed for marine.
Good luck :thumbsup:

Marine tanks/conversions are expensive !

Looked into this a while back, but it was so costly I just upgraded my tropical tank instead....

Original Poster SuperEd

ChrisUK;6563631

Marine tanks/conversions are expensive !Looked into this a while back, … Marine tanks/conversions are expensive !Looked into this a while back, but it was so costly I just upgraded my tropical tank instead....

how much was you looking at? been told u can use the same pump/filter

Banned

goonertillidie;6572588

how much was you looking at? been told u can use the same pump/filter

have you not got a local fish world type place we have two here and they are brilliant with advice and starter stuff might be worth a visit in the long run :thumbsup:

Original Poster SuperEd

dog_cop;6572608

have you not got a local fish world type place we have two here and they … have you not got a local fish world type place we have two here and they are brilliant with advice and starter stuff might be worth a visit in the long run :thumbsup:

not locally nah bout 30 mins away :roll: but now the OH wants the tank aswell so i will go over to the dark side soon...lol

Banned

goonertillidie;6572748

not locally nah bout 30 mins away :roll: but now the OH wants the tank … not locally nah bout 30 mins away :roll: but now the OH wants the tank aswell so i will go over to the dark side soon...lol

ideal shopping trip then :thumbsup:...

Original Poster SuperEd

dog_cop;6572769

ideal shopping trip then :thumbsup:...

very true! ill get me hiking boots on :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4178
    2. Add one, leave one game54415459
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…51113
    4. saying of the day89412

See more discussions