Thinking of getting a white iphone!

However, due to the dirt might put a invisible shield on it, although i've heard of this turning 3gs yellow?
Is this still happening?
Jack

15 Comments

The Mrs' is still fine. Not happened here.

Original Poster

maybe it was just the first batch?

i used it it turned mine black!

Original Poster

Ohh dear!!

Mine's all white.

The invisible shield itself does go a little yellow, well mine did after 6 months. But I just replaced it. The phone itself is in prefect condition and colour.

I just put a back case on it, one from Apple Store, and put a Zagg on the front. Did have the back covered with zagg but you could see it so brought a case and peeled the zagg off

massmail666;7496367

apparently u can see the cracks on white iphones more then the black … apparently u can see the cracks on white iphones more then the black ones.

This is true...

mine is fine,no issues

http://img.hexus.net/v2/lifestyle/news/apple/iphone-3g-cracks.jpg
(Google)

I've had one replaced due to this issue already and when asking the lass at the Genius Bar whether they were planning on changing the materials used, she thinks that it won't happen and they'll continue to replace the phone for this reason.

My 2nd one now has more than the first, only fine hairline cracks, but if you know they're there you can see them easily.

Original Poster

Hmm I can't decide whether to wait for the next iPhone or buy one now

Original Poster

massmail666;7497089

buy now, thats what i did. if u wait till july, its only 12 months till … buy now, thats what i did. if u wait till july, its only 12 months till the next one comes out :-D

This is true..

Banned

wtf cracks in the phone of the shield thing? that's so ****

massmail666;7497199

yeh, cracks in the back case, apparently its a design flaw. lots of … yeh, cracks in the back case, apparently its a design flaw. lots of people got it in their 3g but i dunno about 3gs's as mines is only 1 month old from new!their hair line cracks by the silent switch and the dock connecter in the iphone 3g.

Mine are near the Power Button, the SIM tray, the 3.5mm Jack Socket, the Volume + and -, the Silent Switch and near the dock connection.

Banned

i was reading up on it just now... if you get a flashlight and put it directly on the back (touching the back) then all the cracks will show up.

i have a htc touch hd but was thinking of getting the next iphone since people wet their pants so much about it but i might just get the hd2 instead. its only when you talk to real people (not kids or fanbois) that use the phone do all the horror stories come out... i think this cracking business has finally put me off... :-( i was playing some games on the 3gs last night n thought it was cool but to be fair i dont play games that often so would prefer a more reliable phone....

question for non fanbois: hd2 or next iphone?

Prob still the iPhone. Other than the cracks, I've got no issues.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2438
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?79
    3. Heads Up - LoveFilm By Post Closing On 31st October 2017.1010
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846122

See more discussions