Groups

Thinking of getting my nearly 7 year old a Desktop PC for xmas. Any recommendations? I don't know where to start!

Wanting to get my son a PC instead of replacing his old console or ipad which are both on their last legs! He likes to play games but he also loves learning so was thinking a Desktop PC would be perfect for him.
    Want something that will last but don't know where to start!

8 Comments

Which console does he have and also which Ipad, these will help others in their guidance

Also which games does he play?

We need more info like:

1. What's games does he play?
    2. What's your budget?
    3. What will be done on the pc?
    4. Do you want a big medium or small sized pc?

Original Poster

Thanks
    He's got an xbox 360 and plays on Lego games, Minecraft and Zoo tycoon mostly. His Ipad is about 4 years old. Not sure which one it is, but he mostly plays Blocksworld, Minecraft, Dragonmania and a few zoo games on there and uses Google quite a bit to read up on things he's interested in

beccerrr1

Thanks :)He's got an xbox 360 and plays on Lego games, Minecraft and Zoo … Thanks :)He's got an xbox 360 and plays on Lego games, Minecraft and Zoo tycoon mostly. His Ipad is about 4 years old. Not sure which one it is, but he mostly plays Blocksworld, Minecraft, Dragonmania and a few zoo games on there and uses Google quite a bit to read up on things he's interested in

Thats a start now just wait for the more ITK to help you out

The problem here is a desktop will replace everything but it won't.
    A tablet, not just an iPad, is great for casual gaming anytime. Also easier to pickup to glean a nugget of knowledge.
    The 360, or any console, plays the games designed for it.

A PC will require a biggish outlay. £5-600. Better if you were willing to build your own. Then you need to rebuy his favourite games.

Unless he hankers for a PC. Update his tablet and a replacement 360 isn't hard to come buy for under £100 if required. Remember it's harder to monitor Internet use if it's out the way, probably in his room all the time.

Can't he use yours ?

I agree with oneday77 just update the iPad, and get him an XB1. A PC for his gaming needs isn't really needed and he's just 7, if he needs to search stuff just get a family pc with the barbone basics (AMD CPU, SSD and a sizeable monitor). Alternatively if keyboard cases exist for the iPad then get one of those.

We have a Lenovo C540 which is touch screen, (£500 3 year ago) my daughter loves Roblox and Minecraft they both play well on it, I'm in a similar position, she wants a laptop now so she can sit in the same room as us to play her games, she does have an iPad which is old too but lags quite a bit, apps shut down etc .. Kids!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 4K TV Deals?44
      2. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming22
      3. How to rejoin BT as New Customer when already with them?11
      4. Car park fine UKPC1418

See more discussions