Thinking of getting the Fire HD 8

Found 16th Aug 2017
Morning all, looking to get a tablet. I was thinking of getting the Amazon Fire HD 8 but are they any good? I'll be using it mainly to read comics using comixology, reading magazines as PDF files and maybe put a movie on a micro sd card for long journeys. Are there any better tablets out there for £80 or should I get the Fire HD8?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
Hi, I was also looking for a tablet for reading comics too and one of my buddies got the & and 8 inchers but they just seem way too small to read comics on. Atm, 10 inch seems to be perfect but try and find a decent one sub £100
Original Poster
10 inches may be a bit big. I'll be reading the comics on the tube to and from work haha. I'll have a look at some 10 inch tablets though
For £80 you will be hard pushed to find something better.

The specs are a little old, but it is a HD screen.

Definitely don't go for the 7 inch.

Do you have Amazon Prime?

If so, it's a no brainer, especially with Prime Reading which now includes some graphic novels for free loan.

There are plenty of instructions on the Internet on how to install the Google Play store.
I have one v good except outdoors probably would look at android tablet at same spec price as amazon App Store is pants and loading google play store on it is buggy as hell
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants