Groups

Thinking of learning to play guitar

Just after a bit of advice

Thinking of learning to play guitar and have been looking around at acoustic guitars and I presume you get what you pay for.

Obviously don't want to spend loads on one in case I can't pick it up and don't want to buy dead cheap in case it's rubbish so just wondered from anyone on here how much should I be looking at spending for an acoustic guitar to learn on.

Thanks

10 Comments

i bought a yamaha F310 for £60, nice sound and good for beginners
    Edited by: "mosskeeto" 6th Feb 2011

Yamaha F310 - really nice guitar. Other one to think about is the vintage v300 but thats a bit more money......

I got this kit and it's pretty good for £113 - every 6 months or so they reduce the price - they had it for £94 before Xmas and £123 before that....
    amazon.co.uk/Yam…8-2

justinguitar.com has a complete beginners video course - great site.

You might want to check out this thread as well
    hotukdeals.com/mis…249

Definitely get a guitar stand - you're far more likely to practice if the guitar is out in the open

Edited by: "gari189" 5th Feb 2011

I think you are best buying off ebay... a good second hand one will be better than a new crap one. Get a decent on for £80-£100 off there... buy by "nearest" so you can check it out.

electrics are easier to play btw
    if you have your heart set on an accostic:
    i love my F310, 40 quid off gumtree
    and its much ceahper to get 2nd hand and not really a loss in quality
    Edited by: "nebno6" 6th Feb 2011

Original Poster

jonb2412

I think you are best buying off ebay... a good second hand one will be … I think you are best buying off ebay... a good second hand one will be better than a new crap one. Get a decent on for £80-£100 off there... buy by "nearest" so you can check it out.

Been looking on eBay but so far all the ones I have seen have been too far to go and collect but only been looking on my iPhone so will use my pc as can use the search option to search local to postcode

With knowing nothing about guitars when I look at it is it just the condition I would be checking

NFS

Been looking on eBay but so far all the ones I have seen have been too … Been looking on eBay but so far all the ones I have seen have been too far to go and collect but only been looking on my iPhone so will use my pc as can use the search option to search local to postcodeWith knowing nothing about guitars when I look at it is it just the condition I would be checking

if you want an accostic, id wait for an F310 to crop up near you.

Original Poster

Thanks will keel my eyes open for a F310, what sort of price range should I be looking to pay?

NFS

Thanks will keel my eyes open for a F310, what sort of price range should … Thanks will keel my eyes open for a F310, what sort of price range should I be looking to pay?

have a look on ebay completed listings
    id say £60-70
    I got mine for £40 but that was on gumtree and a bargain,

youll also need to buy a tuner
    and maybe a strap and stand and strings
    Edited by: "nebno6" 8th Feb 2011

A bit more money, but I would go for a Yamaha APX, smaller body, and electric guitar style neck, so easier to pick up and play, awesome instruments!

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1536
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2589
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1220
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1219

See more discussions