Groups

Thinking of selling some stuff......

Just been cleaning out my wardrobe and found loads of clothes/bits and bobs that I don't wear/use, thinking of selling them on here, is this advisable? what you all reckon? I do not have an ebay account nor paypal, would that make people wary of buying? All items are in excellent condition btw. Any ideas/comments welcome.

19 Comments

You would probably have to send the items first then get payment once the goods arrive. This is a common practice on here for new sellers. If you sell to members with good feedback this should not be a problem. Hope that helps

yes, why not?
    will need pics

Banned

Now there's a co-incidence.........
    I'm thinking of buying some stuff :-D

Is it worth you getting a PayPal account...if you have a lot of decent stuff it may be. If I buy clothes online I want them ASAP and as PayPal is instant you can usually post next day.

Go for it. Just make sure you read the FS-FT thread first! maybe try 1 item and see how it goes.

dont feel obliged to send first - cos there are still a lot of scammers on here who will stitch you up without even a backward glance - and just because they have been a member a long time doesn't make them legit

We all start here with 0 f/b,I didn't send item and then get payment afterwards when started off.
    You can always take Bank Transfer if no Paypal.

Original Poster

Thanks for the quick replies all! Yes I suppose I would be willing to send first and receive payment after to those who have a reasonable amount of positive feedback, I do not want to enter into the whole paypal, I have had it before and it turned into a disaster and I really don't want to go back there. Might list one or two bits first and see how it goes. I have been looking for FS/FT rules, anyone able to help me locate these? Probably can't see them for looking at them but never mind!

Again, THANKS :thumbsup::-D:-D

Banned

Leah2k10;5120463

Thanks for the quick replies all! Yes I suppose I would be willing to … Thanks for the quick replies all! Yes I suppose I would be willing to send first and receive payment after to those who have a reasonable amount of positive feedback, I do not want to enter into the whole paypal, I have had it before and it turned into a disaster and I really don't want to go back there. Might list one or two bits first and see how it goes. I have been looking for FS/FT rules, anyone able to help me locate these? Probably can't see them for looking at them but never mind!Again, THANKS :thumbsup::-D:-D

There is one seller on here, cant recall their name, but they sell all sorts, but because paypal isnt an option I won't buy from her even though theres nothing wrong with her items. I just don't have the time to go down to the bank to transfer funds etc (plus I tend to make lots of spur of the moment purchases so paypal stops me from changin my mind as it's instant!)

i do bank transfer as i dont have paypal and find it isnt a bother as i do online banking so i dont even have to leave the house! yes maybe it does take a few days longer but thats ok.

What size clothes do you have? I'm gagging to see everything now!

Original Poster

Banana79;5120536

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/13761/updated-for-sale-forum-rules-and-gu/

Thank you, interesting reading i'm sure!

wulshaz;5120546

i do bank transfer as i dont have paypal and find it isnt a bother as i … i do bank transfer as i dont have paypal and find it isnt a bother as i do online banking so i dont even have to leave the house! yes maybe it does take a few days longer but thats ok.

I myself have used bank transfer and find it painless! If you go into the same bank it goes straight into the account, no time at all (e.g if you were with Abbey and I went into Abbey and handed over cash, it would go straight into your account there and then). I find that easier, plus you get a receipt so there is proof anyway, i reckon it is much easier myself :-D

They've changed the FS/FT rules recently, if you ask for a price up in the misc, you have to wait 7 days before listing, as it's deemed as advertising... Not sure if the same goes when you just ask a general question like this though. i would find out first.

Original Poster

scabbers;5120632

What size clothes do you have? I'm gagging to see everything now!

The clothing ranges from size 10/12 to 16, bet you're a 10 or something though now that I have said that! going to spend some time reading the rules and hopefully will put some items on once I understand those!

Original Poster

ChipSticks;5120660

They've changed the FS/FT rules recently, if you ask for a price up in … They've changed the FS/FT rules recently, if you ask for a price up in the misc, you have to wait 7 days before listing, as it's deemed as advertising... Not sure if the same goes when you just ask a general question like this though. i would find out first.

Ohhhh so because i've spoken about selling, I can't do it for seven days? Oh darn, right, shutting up and going reading!

Thanks btw!

Leah2k10;5120684

Ohhhh so because i've spoken about selling, I can't do it for seven days? … Ohhhh so because i've spoken about selling, I can't do it for seven days? Oh darn, right, shutting up and going reading!Thanks btw!

possibly. I know that if someone asks for a price on something, they then can't sell it here for 7 days, like I said, not sure when it's a general question like this. I'm sure someone will know better.

Leah2k10;5120675

The clothing ranges from size 10/12 to 16, bet you're a 10 or something … The clothing ranges from size 10/12 to 16, bet you're a 10 or something though now that I have said that! going to spend some time reading the rules and hopefully will put some items on once I understand those!

I'm a 10 although can wear 8 in some jeans and 12 in some tops...will check your stuff out!

Yeah think you will have to close this and readvertise in 7 days.I asked Rayman yest and he said I would have to wait to advertise my makeup, as I asked yesterday what sorts of prices people will pay for it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767472
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691425
      3. word association Game74044579
      4. One thing you've forgotten911

See more discussions