Groups

Thinking of selling stuff...

Im thinking of creating a website and getting a domain package etc...but im not sure what to sell...

Any ideas? If you were going to buy something online....what would you buy or what would be a good start to sell stuff on a website?

Also is there anywhere i can buy in bulk etc??

Thanks

Kiwi!!!!:w00t:

37 Comments

hmm i suppose i would buy GAMES! here's a okay idea why not import games stuff and sell on a brittish site

Original Poster

Hmm, yeh but people would be a bit weary that im selling imported games etc...if say you were online shopping...and you wanted to get a game and you saw my site which had cheap games, and you knew they had been imported would you still buy it? thanks for the input though mate much appreciated! i gave you rep

Banned

no offence mate but if your asking that kind of question then i doubt you'll make it in the big world wild world. you need to have a good business mind to succeed nowadays.

electrical stuff is a waste of time because too many people do it. you need to find a niche.

good luck if you try though.

Banned

not telling only joking, tbh there is alot of competition out there, you need to think small to begin with.

those r4's and similar would probably be popular.

Original Poster

hmm yeh r4s good idea...where can i buy bulk stuff from

Print money sure it will take off :thumbsup:

As I found out when trying to get my gran some wool, there's no online shops for wool. Boring thing to sell, mind.

kiwinator

So you want somebody to come up with the product and the supply chain. Is there anything you know about setting up a business? :giggle:

Sorry but.....

Banned

kiwinator

China.

But dont forget to pay your import duties and C&E + Vat!

Your asking people to come up with the holy grail! If they had a fool proof idea that couldnt fail, do you think they'd pass on the info? Its not as easy or as simple as you think - unless you have a really good idea to start with!

Original Poster

As i said col IDEA

Jeez...

kiwinator

As i said col IDEAJeez...

Ask Jeeves

Banned

kiwinator

As i said col IDEAJeez...

yes - and then you asked about suppliers for an idea that was presented to you!

Original Poster

col

Ask Jeeves

already have, he said ask here...

A guy asked me where he could bulk buy Wiis on credit earlier today.

Banned

how about acting as a dropshipper by advertising a game on a site, when someone purchase the game you then go to hotukdeals find the best deal for that game then get the retailer to ship it to the person who purchased it off your website? It sounds silly and is also risky but when i first became a member i kinda did this with the farcry wii game that thegamecollection had for £11 and then put them on ebay for £16 :oops: i was desperate for money though and must have only made about £20 (£3ish for each game)

kiwinator

already have, he said ask here...

Obviously a smart guy then.

Set up a site that sells business support and ideas.

Original Poster

hothothot

how about acting as a dropshipper by advertising a game on a site, when … how about acting as a dropshipper by advertising a game on a site, when someone purchase the game you then go to hotukdeals find the best deal for that game then get the retailer to ship it to the person who purchased it off your website? It sounds silly and is also risky but when i first became a member i kinda did this with the farcry wii game that thegamecollection had for £11 and then put them on ebay for £16 :oops: i was desperate for money though and must have only made about £20 (£3ish for each game)

Good idea mate!! Thanks! rep given:thumbsup:

Original Poster

col

*** off

col

rofl, get it linked to Prince Phillip's site for international understanding

Banned

kiwinator

Good idea mate!! Thanks! rep given:thumbsup:

lol btw i did experiance some difficulties when doing it, i tried selling a game that blahdvd had :oops: (big mistake) then putting it on ebay, i didnt realise that blahdvd would change their price 5 mins after the deal was posted. I also dont do this anymore, mainly because its risky, but also when you buy something you could be preventing someone else from buying the product and they actually want it.

Original Poster

hothothot

lol btw i did experiance some difficulties when doing it, i tried selling … lol btw i did experiance some difficulties when doing it, i tried selling a game that blahdvd had (big mistake) then putting it on ebay, i didnt realise that blahdvd would change the price 5 mins after the deal was posted. I also dont do this anymore, mainly because its risky, but also when you buy something you could be preventing someone else from buying the product who generally wants it.

ok ta

kiwinator

*** off

Now now, just an IDEA!!! :giggle:

Jeez....

[url]www.theselect.co.uk[/url] do dropshipping.

I have no idea if they are legit or not! Their warehouse in near to where I live, and I first heard about this company on the radio station...I never ventured there tho...:? Anyway, I reckon gadgets would be hot sellers, like Iwoot & Firebox kinda things....if you do, just don't hike the price up by 50%!! :thumbsup:

Well, hope this kinda helps ya!:)

Original Poster

birdyboyuk

[url]www.theselect.co.uk[/url] do dropshipping.I have no idea if they are … [url]www.theselect.co.uk[/url] do dropshipping.I have no idea if they are legit or not! Their warehouse in near to where I live, and I first heard about this company on the radio station...I never ventured there tho...:? Anyway, I reckon gadgets would be hot sellers, like Iwoot & Firebox kinda things....if you do, just don't hike the price up by 50%!! :thumbsup: Well, hope this kinda helps ya!:)

Thanks a bunch! rep given

kiwinator

Hmm, yeh but people would be a bit weary that im selling imported games … Hmm, yeh but people would be a bit weary that im selling imported games etc...if say you were online shopping...and you wanted to get a game and you saw my site which had cheap games, and you knew they had been imported would you still buy it? thanks for the input though mate much appreciated! i gave you rep

DS and PSP are region free so that means you can buy from USA and play them over here.

360, and ps3 have games that are region free but you will need to get a up todate list to make sure which import games will play on a UK machine.

If you look at ebay.uk and look under DS games you will see that 99% of games on offer are infact import versions and as you can see that does not stop people from buying the games.

Look at ww.365games.co.uk they sell mostly import games and also sell on ebay under xbite and its clear once again people dont have a problem with buying import games. I think the problem lies in that one time most import games where believed to be fake and while the problem still goes on today if you do your homework you can soon find out if the game is indeed a fake or the real deal.

I have brought games from play-asia.com and sold them at carboots for a few pounds more, yes made maybe £4 pounds on one game but sadly you will find unless you can order large amounts your profit margin is very small. I personlly wouldnt even try ebay for selling games, simply cause of the amount of loops you have to jump though to get back a very small return. You want to look at the "other auction sites" for better deals on listings fees but dont expect to sell your game over night.

I suggest you start of small take them to carboots, computer fairs and slowly work your way up. It is a lot of hard work and dont expect you be able to live of selling games for at lest 1 year maybe more

birdyboyuk

[url]www.theselect.co.uk[/url] do dropshipping.I have no idea if they are … [url]www.theselect.co.uk[/url] do dropshipping.I have no idea if they are legit or not! Their warehouse in near to where I live, and I first heard about this company on the radio station...I never ventured there tho...:? Anyway, I reckon gadgets would be hot sellers, like Iwoot & Firebox kinda things....if you do, just don't hike the price up by 50%!! :thumbsup: Well, hope this kinda helps ya!:)

i looked into dropshipping before and often the only winners out of these are the people that run these so called dropship companys by taking your money, oftering nothing but substand items that even you wouldn't buy, or the items they are offering there are 1,000s of people already selling that item ebay (a common tag line used in adverts for these companys...sell on ebay) for a lot less. I not had any dealings with "select" but my gut feeling is too walk away it all seems to flashly for my liking i seen similar sites that look hot but once you part with your money you find it offers you very little

Banned

yes i looked into it before and it seems the dropshippers must sell on ebay, cutting out the middle man.

santa suits, business might be slow now, but should really start paying off towards the end of the year

waterfordmma

santa suits, business might be slow now, but should really start paying … santa suits, business might be slow now, but should really start paying off towards the end of the year

I not yet heared from someone thats done well on dropshipping, I do have a freind that sells books on ebay, she buys them as and when she completes a sell on ebay its not dropshipping as the books go direct to her but as she says herself it is a risky if the item goes out of stock.

Hellscaretaker

I not yet heared from someone thats done well on dropshipping, I do have … I not yet heared from someone thats done well on dropshipping, I do have a freind that sells books on ebay, she buys them as and when she completes a sell on ebay its not dropshipping as the books go direct to her but as she says herself it is a risky if the item goes out of stock.

Anything with moneymaking potential has risk- my advice is to keep a pile of cheap **** at all times, an apology followed by a free gift after a delay in sending negates most problems; people love free stuff, even if it's rubbish and they can't use it (see the freebies thread for proof!)

lol, why did you quote me? i said nothing about dropshipping

Banned

lol asking for business advice on HUKD I don't think we have the next Donald Trump here:giggle:

^^^^ you just gave me an idea proximo
    sell home made top trumps. . that would be rad

How about PSP/Ipod accessories, they can be found cheaply at a number of wholesalers. Or try taking on HMV et al at their own game. They usually buy from 'the'. The margins are surprisingly low, so you would have to shift volume to make it pay.

DKLS

How about PSP/Ipod accessories, they can be found cheaply at a number of … How about PSP/Ipod accessories, they can be found cheaply at a number of wholesalers. Or try taking on HMV et al at their own game. They usually buy from 'the'. The margins are surprisingly low, so you would have to shift volume to make it pay.

If you mean "T.H.E" they are now owned by EUK (wholesale of woolworths) who closed the warehouse and moved it all down south, thank you EUK for getting rid of 600 + people :x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767384
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2470
      3. 5am gym crew20132
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1319

See more discussions