Groups

Thinking of starting a website ... best host and best domain site please ?

*rep to helpers*

Hi

I am thinking of starting a website where I can advertise and sell some things, so i want to know the best value for money website host and domain name provider please I don't want to spend a lot because its just a bit of a hobby also I doubt I need lots of memory as its just going to be a view pics, with some video links and then google and paypal check-out.

Also what is the best site/software to create a website on please ?

Thanks to anyone who helps and you will be repped for kindly helping me out

James

15 Comments

Banned

Domain host = 123-reg.co.uk
    Site host = 34sp.com
    Software... if you can get it free... Dreamweaver

hello there

it all depends what your selling etc, and what you want your site to do.

I'm willing to give you some free space with your own uploading login. I normally use Dreamweaver, but im sure others are more able to advise.

I prefer godaddy to 123reg their generally cheaper and have a better interface, plus there's always voucher codes floating about for them.

As for a host i'd say bluehost or hostmonster.

Banned

danmc;8497208

I prefer godaddy to 123reg their generally cheaper and have a better … I prefer godaddy to 123reg their generally cheaper and have a better interface, plus there's always voucher codes floating about for them.As for a host i'd say bluehost or hostmonster.

Depends on what you want.

How much is a .co.uk domain with godaddy? Certainly dearer than 123-reg for sure. (The 99p .eu domains just finished at 123-reg, though Id always recommend getting a co.uk wherever possible.)

And its always better to have the site hosted in the UK (if thats the intended market). Search engines can and do load a bias against UK search engines if the site is stateside.

guv;8497175

I can recommend 123-reg too.

Depending on what you're selling, check out bigcartel.com/

Web host = asp-host.co.uk or php-host.co.uk depending on language you intend to use (you'll want a mySQL database)
    Software = Dreamweaver (as mentioned) if you're a noob or Notepad++ if you wanna go code-o!

Original Poster

Thanks everyone but the most important thing is the website builder, I was hoping for a free simple one I don't want to do any of the fancy things that dreamweaver does

Also I need some real cheap website host please

I will rep when I'm home

Original Poster

Thanks everyone but the most important thing is the website builder, I was hoping for a free simple one I don't want to do any of the fancy things that dreamweaver does

Also I need some real cheap website host please

I will rep when I'm home

You'll probably want something like [url]www.piczo.com[/url] then. Totally free!

Original Poster

pugw$sh;8498295

You'll probably want something like [url]www.piczo.com[/url] then. … You'll probably want something like [url]www.piczo.com[/url] then. Totally free!

I want something simple, yet professional... plus i want y own domain name

Original Poster

123-reg.co.uk/web…tml

This seems like the best, just a shame Im not a student yet

james_lfc;8498585

I want something simple, yet professional... plus i want y own domain name

can give you some hosting space for free/very low cost :thumbsup:

.co.uk domains are £2.99 + VAT normally

Original Poster

Disco;8498798

can give you some hosting space for free/very low cost :thumbsup:.co.uk … can give you some hosting space for free/very low cost :thumbsup:.co.uk domains are £2.99 + VAT normally

Hi

Thanks for the kind offer, but for now im going to hold out for someone to let me use their ac.uk email maybe i have a kinda family member :L

Thanks for now

I'd reccommend:-

Domain= ]Heart Internet .co.uk £2.79
    Hosting= either ]Weebly (though would recomend paid +-£35 per year - easy and quick to build)

or ]Just Host from £1.95 per month including domain
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung Note 8914
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4562124
      3. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120

See more discussions