Thinking of switching from BT Infinity to who...?

Found 2nd May
I've been with BT Infinity since it came to my area a few years ago, but think I'm probably paying over the odds now, I currently have the "Unlimited Broadband with BT Infinity 2" package and want to keep the unlimited downloads and max speed.

I can't get Virgin Fibre in my house (they stopped 3 doors away! )

Can anyone please suggest a decent company to consider, want to stay away from any nightmare companies. Probably need to keep the landline too.

thanks all!
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
PS currently paying £41.50pm, on the BT site there seems to be an offer to renew and save a whopping £3pm
last few times I have bounced between PlusNet and BT as same company, same products albeit latency is slightly higher on PlusNet although customer service is more focused with PlusNet. Only bounce between the two for the cashback at end of term and offers which makes it cheaper.
deleted79467
It’s is all about being a new customer never stay longer than min contract length
Bertz992nd May

last few times I have bounced between PlusNet and BT as same company, same …last few times I have bounced between PlusNet and BT as same company, same products albeit latency is slightly higher on PlusNet although customer service is more focused with PlusNet. Only bounce between the two for the cashback at end of term and offers which makes it cheaper.

Try John Lewis broadband as well, they are run by plusnet.
thanks all, PlusNet might be my way to go this time, can get some reward points through work's site as well
I have just got BT infinity 4 ( 300mps ) FFTP and it shits over talk talk 17mb broadband much more pricey tho £60 a month worth it tho.
Zen Internet has a good reputation. I think they might be expensive though.
I just upgraded my talk talk to unlimited 'fibre', it's only 30mb+ but also only costs £25/month.
I moved from BT ( best internet I ever had) to Plusnet ( worst internet I ever had ) Was lucky enough that Plusnet are putting their prices up by £1 so I could leave early. I must say though, their customer services are top notch. It only took 3 mins on the phone to cancel.
wish I could get FTTP, but sadly no.
PlusNet seem to be taking a bashing on some review sites, any opinions on them here?
BillDoor22 m ago

wish I could get FTTP, but sadly no.PlusNet seem to be taking a bashing on …wish I could get FTTP, but sadly no.PlusNet seem to be taking a bashing on some review sites, any opinions on them here?

Ring bt and see what they offer you.
chocci20 m ago

Ring bt and see what they offer you.

I did, got a tenner a month knocked off, by renewing and losing the "free" evening calls, guess I'll stay with them for a while longer yet
deleted794672nd May

It’s is all about being a new customer never stay longer than min contract …It’s is all about being a new customer never stay longer than min contract length

Not all the time
Last year my bt was up for renewal i rang and quoted like for like packages
Got £10 pm off my infinity 2
Prices have since increased
Ok it's still quite dear at £37pm but it's bang on and super reliable
I've tried others and in my area bt is best
Had an issue with my hub , they sent a new one
My contract is up for renewal in August and I'll ring and haggle again as a loyal customer
Bear in mind most of the time you will be dealing with a BT line regardless of company.
aturner12330 m ago

Bear in mind most of the time you will be dealing with a BT line …Bear in mind most of the time you will be dealing with a BT line regardless of company.

Open reach (part of bt)
Bradleigh2 h, 46 m ago

Not all the timeLast year my bt was up for renewal i rang and quoted like …Not all the timeLast year my bt was up for renewal i rang and quoted like for like packagesGot £10 pm off my infinity 2Prices have since increasedOk it's still quite dear at £37pm but it's bang on and super reliableI've tried others and in my area bt is bestHad an issue with my hub , they sent a new oneMy contract is up for renewal in August and I'll ring and haggle again as a loyal customer

Currently with BT - last switched to them in November was a 12 month contract - £75 quidco and £125 reward card or £16.67 a month less. Dyslexic_dogs suggestion of John Lewis has both cashback and a free laptop on their offer.

Bradleigh43 m ago

Open reach (part of bt)

At the moment
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions