Thin/slim monitor

Posted 21st Jan
I want to find a monitor that would be almost considered 'portable'. By that I mean something I can slip inside a backpack/laptop bag. But I don't want an actual portable monitor, partly because my laptop doesn't have USB C (HDMI or DisplayPort), and partly because I don't need it to be laptop powered.

To get it into the mentioned backpack it needs to be maybe 20" max, but it needs to be very thin. To support that, if the power supply can be a 'brick' type then all the better. 1920x1080 would be plenty, even 1600 x 900 would be fine.

Looking for portable monitor gives me things I don't want. Even 'thin monitor' just refers to the bezels rather than how deep the monitor is. I'm going to go to PC world to physically look at some but I'm guessing their range is limited. As with everything google, if you know what to ask for then it becomes easy. What do I ask for?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
So you want a portable monitor but you dont want to take it anywhere? Sorry I'm confused lol. Do you want it to look like a portable monitor meaning u want it slim or you want it with thin bezels?
Is the screen on your laptop knackered as it's surprisingly cheap and easy to replace yourself
12345432121/01/2020 22:51

So you want a portable monitor but you dont want to take it anywhere? …So you want a portable monitor but you dont want to take it anywhere? Sorry I'm confused lol. Do you want it to look like a portable monitor meaning u want it slim or you want it with thin bezels?

I do want to take it places, such as different offices and work environments. It won't be making it's presence felt in a coffee shop, so no need to run it off the laptop. I can't use an actual portable monitor because all the ones I can find are USB C driven, and I don't have it on my laptop. I guess it needs to be 'semi-portable'?
ding21/01/2020 22:55

Is the screen on your laptop knackered as it's surprisingly cheap and easy …Is the screen on your laptop knackered as it's surprisingly cheap and easy to replace yourself

Nope, this is a second screen to plug in to my laptop. The laptop screen is fine.
slimy3121/01/2020 23:17

I do want to take it places, such as different offices and work …I do want to take it places, such as different offices and work environments. It won't be making it's presence felt in a coffee shop, so no need to run it off the laptop. I can't use an actual portable monitor because all the ones I can find are USB C driven, and I don't have it on my laptop. I guess it needs to be 'semi-portable'?

Ah I see. So do you want it to be slim or have small bezels? Or both?
12345432121/01/2020 23:22

Ah I see. So do you want it to be slim or have small bezels? Or both?

Slim so it can slot in my bag behind my laptop (maybe in a neoprene sleeve or something?). Not really bothered about small bezels.

I have found something that might work, amazon.co.uk/G-S…KXM But now I just need to find a review.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants