Third party wifi bulbs for Philips Hue?

Found 4th Jan 2016
Just bought a Hue starter set but am hoping to get some additional cheaper bulbs at some point - are there alternatives that work with the Hue hub?
Community Updates
7 Comments
Philips have disabled all support for 3rd party bulbs so I'm afraid you're out of luck.
Original Poster
Jeezeypeeps

Philips have disabled all support for 3rd party bulbs so I'm afraid … Philips have disabled all support for 3rd party bulbs so I'm afraid you're out of luck.

​didn't they backtrack on this a few days later?
My understanding is that the latest software update reversed this as you stated, however there will not be HomeKit (Siri) support for non hue bulbs. You should be able to control them through the app though
If anyone could answer this question that would be great. I have searched the internet on several occasions for hours and all I can find relating to this is bulbs available only in the US and a million articles about Phillips blocking 3rd party bulbs and then changing their mind.

Which bulbs available in the UK are compatible with a hue hub?
Original Poster
pants_deb

If anyone could answer this question that would be great. I have searched … If anyone could answer this question that would be great. I have searched the internet on several occasions for hours and all I can find relating to this is bulbs available only in the US and a million articles about Phillips blocking 3rd party bulbs and then changing their mind.Which bulbs available in the UK are compatible with a hue hub?

​I got some osram lightify which work well. The colours aren't exactly the same but otherwise great
That's brilliant thank you. Where is best to buy the lightify from?
Original Poster
pants_deb

That's brilliant thank you. Where is best to buy the lightify from?

I got some cheap on Amazon a month or so ago, here's another offer: hotukdeals.com/dea…980
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants