**Updated 8 more games added** Twelve *free* games for Xbox 360 via Microsoft Marketplace

Posted 16th Jan
**Updated 8 more games added - see bottom of the list**

marketplace.xbox.com/en-…mes

Hello.

Below are links to twelve, yep twelve (but not thirteen as originally posted soz), free games for the Xbox 360.

I know it's an old consoles, but hopefully this will be useful for some members, plus hopefully some of them if not all are payable on the Xbox One.

Enjoy!

Resident Evil - Revelations 2
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…44c

Crackdown
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…7dc

Crackdown 2
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…8bc

The Walking Dead
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…1de

The Walking Dead - Season Two
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…413

Too Human
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…7de

Life is Strange - Episode 1
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…47c

Defiance
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…7d1

The Wolf Among Us - Episode 1
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…216

World of Tanks - Mercenaries
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…a8c

Kings Quest - Chapter 1
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…924

Hexic HD
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…7d1

====

I've become aware of another eight games that are available for free, so thought I'd add them.

AirMech Arena
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…426

Crimson Alliance
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…983

Doritos Crash Course
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…a71

Harms Way
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…a70

Kinect Party Base Game
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…25c

Mars Rover Landing - Kinect Lab
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…836

Pinball FX2
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…a23

Totem Ball
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…831
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
NotBruceJustWayne16/01/2020 23:24

Just got both Crackdowns, Resi Evil and Too Human. Anyone know why these …Just got both Crackdowns, Resi Evil and Too Human. Anyone know why these are free?

Not sure about the others but Resident Evil revelations 2 is an episodic game. You're only getting episode 1, the rest are sold as DLC.

Just got both Crackdowns, Resi Evil and Too Human. Anyone know why these …Just got both Crackdowns, Resi Evil and Too Human. Anyone know why these are free?

RE2, Walking Dead, Life is Strange and Kings Quest are just the first chapters.. not full games I'm afraid, more like Demos

Edit : The Wolf Among Us too
Edited by: "JKTS9612" 16th Jan
Halo Waypoint is an app, not a game
Wanted a shot at the crackdown games, thanks for the post still helpful even if it’s just to try out an episodic game.
cheers for the heads up
74 Comments
No Ninja Gaiden 2. Cold.
Talib16/01/2020 23:16

No Ninja Gaiden 2. Cold.

But Ninja Gaiden 2 isn’t free.
Just got both Crackdowns, Resi Evil and Too Human.
Anyone know why these are free?

Not sure about the others but Resident Evil revelations 2 is an episodic game. You're only getting episode 1, the rest are sold as DLC.
World of tanks is decent game if can get squad toget
Edited by: "cantonabanks" 16th Jan

RE2, Walking Dead, Life is Strange and Kings Quest are just the first chapters.. not full games I'm afraid, more like Demos

Edit : The Wolf Among Us too
Edited by: "JKTS9612" 16th Jan
TravisScott16/01/2020 23:26

Not sure about the others but Resident Evil revelations 2 is an episodic …Not sure about the others but Resident Evil revelations 2 is an episodic game. You're only getting episode 1, the rest are sold as DLC.

beat me to it. was about to say the same thing

Too Human is free because the original developers went bust and the game legally can no longer be sold, but can be given away.

Its also trash. Would avoid.

What resident evil did you get free?
Following the links I get "Your purchase was successful, but your download queue is full.
To download this item to your Xbox, remove some items from your queue" does anyone know why this doesn't just go straight onto my Xbox one? I don't and never have had an Xbox 360
mannin16/01/2020 23:28

What resident evil did you get free?

RE Revelations 2 - Episode 1 it seems.
mannin16/01/2020 23:30

That's always free that. Same for 1 as well.

Think you're mistaken? Resident Evil Revelations 1 isn't free
39695149-osDZ8.jpg
a few of them are no longer free
From what I mind too human was given away free with the last batch off backwards games added to the catalogue off backwards titles, I hope they continue the bwc programme when they get all ready for the new big ugly xbox
JKTS961216/01/2020 23:33

Think you're mistaken? Resident Evil Revelations 1 isn't free[Image]

Not the whole game, just ep 1 of each 1 and 2 games.
mannin16/01/2020 23:34

Not the whole game, just ep 1 of each 1 and 2 games.

Revelations 1 isn't episodic, it's just a full game, but Revelations 2 was released in parts
Wanted a shot at the crackdown games, thanks for the post still helpful even if it’s just to try out an episodic game.
cheers for the heads up
JKTS961216/01/2020 23:35

Revelations 1 isn't episodic, it's just a full game, but Revelations 2 was …Revelations 1 isn't episodic, it's just a full game, but Revelations 2 was released in parts

Possible it's two I am on about then.
Goto Store Parser or Digital Game Prices and see free stuff. Bare
mannin16/01/2020 23:30

That's always free that. Same for 1 as well.

👌
Cyndi_Pauper16/01/2020 23:13

Bugger! Right.........time for a quick edit. Thanks for the info
leechris8216/01/2020 23:34

From what I mind too human was given away free with the last batch off …From what I mind too human was given away free with the last batch off backwards games added to the catalogue off backwards titles, I hope they continue the bwc programme when they get all ready for the new big ugly xbox

I would commit horrible crimes to get a backwards-compatible version of Blur.
Edited by: "Slipstream" 20th Jan
gstewart7916/01/2020 23:28

Following the links I get "Your purchase was successful, but your download …Following the links I get "Your purchase was successful, but your download queue is full.To download this item to your Xbox, remove some items from your queue" does anyone know why this doesn't just go straight onto my Xbox one? I don't and never have had an Xbox 360

marketplace.xbox.com is the backend site for the xbox 360 store only. Your xbox one can emulates some pre-approved licensed (Backward Compatible mode) xbox 360 games to get them run.
When you purchase the game from the marketplace website, the game is added to the marketplace download queue for the xbox 360. A real xbox 360 would check this queue when powered on and download it, in the same way your xbox one would if you purchase a game from the xbox store website over at xbox.com/en-…one
Also, if you notice if you try to look at xbox 360 titles on the store using the xbox itself, you'll have to 'check price' on games as it has to look up the marketplace price rather then directly from the xbox one's backend site.
It's a bit of a work around microsoft has had to do because the xbox one didn't launch with the xbox 360 backward compatible option and was added later on.
cantonabanks16/01/2020 23:26

World of tanks is decent game if can get squad toget

That seem true of most of multiplayer games - especially Planetside 2 (which is not available for the Xbox).
Si__17/01/2020 00:21

marketplace.xbox.com is the backend site for the xbox 360 store only. Your …marketplace.xbox.com is the backend site for the xbox 360 store only. Your xbox one can emulates some pre-approved licensed (Backward Compatible mode) xbox 360 games to get them run. When you purchase the game from the marketplace website, the game is added to the marketplace download queue for the xbox 360. A real xbox 360 would check this queue when powered on and download it, in the same way your xbox one would if you purchase a game from the xbox store website over at https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/xbox-oneAlso, if you notice if you try to look at xbox 360 titles on the store using the xbox itself, you'll have to 'check price' on games as it has to look up the marketplace price rather then directly from the xbox one's backend site.It's a bit of a work around microsoft has had to do because the xbox one didn't launch with the xbox 360 backward compatible option and was added later on.

It's a real PITA - especially when I have to download it for 6 consoles (I have to put my credit card details in and remove them again, just in case the kids go off on a spending spree!)
Deserves heat for Hexic alone
Thank you
Happy to have Crackdown 1 in my collection again. Thanks.
Thanks, I've gotten back into my 360 due to being able to pick up games so cheap..free is even better!
Thanks!
Slipstream16/01/2020 23:58

I would commit horrible crimes to get a backwwards-compatible version of …I would commit horrible crimes to get a backwwards-compatible version of Blur.

Me too, its the one game I always moan about, my post may help some your answers Blur info
Awesome. Thanks buddy!

Resident Evil is an episodic game, you're just getting the first chapter I think.

The Crackdowns were made free to promote Crackdown 3 when that came out.

Too Human went free when the publisher went bust so Microsoft had the rights to distribute it for free but not sell it.
Excellent! Thanks
39697047-FTm1h.jpg
aLV42617/01/2020 00:30

That seem true of most of multiplayer games - especially Planetside 2 …That seem true of most of multiplayer games - especially Planetside 2 (which is not available for the Xbox). It's a real PITA - especially when I have to download it for 6 consoles (I have to put my credit card details in and remove them again, just in case the kids go off on a spending spree!)

Or you could just leave them in, set up parental controls and always require a password or pin for purchases
just free to play. First episode free on all platforms.
What a brilliant thread, that was so satifying to watch them all go through!
Voted cold as all the episode games only include the first one which is always free.
I've become aware of another eight games that are available for free, so thought I'd add them.

AirMech Arena
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…426

Crimson Alliance
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…983

Doritos Crash Course
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…a71

Harms Way
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…a70

Kinect Party Base Game
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…25c

Mars Rover Landing - Kinect Lab
marketplace.xbox.com/en-…836