this a good FTTP deal

Posted 8th Jan
I'm paying BT £21.99 a month for what they told was 80mbits but it turns out to be 74Mbits and had that since i first got FTTP they have offered me a new deal which is in a nutshell the same but i think they say it will go up by CPI in March i think, should i bite there hand off, or look elsewhere, i am happy with BT and do NOT want TALKTALK and we cannot get virgin, so what do you think i should do3384444-ZSRPa.jpg3384444-3asLN.jpg

All1
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Not sure that's BT Ultrafast (100m+) FTTP. Looks more like conventional ADSL over FTTC. Curioous though that they quote the speed range so confidently. How far from the green cabinet do you live?
We can't get FTTC as we are exchange only line (Surrey Docks London SE16) and FTTP has been going in over last couple of years
ccnp08/01/2020 19:07

Not sure that's BT Ultrafast (100m+) FTTP. Looks more like conventional …Not sure that's BT Ultrafast (100m+) FTTP. Looks more like conventional ADSL over FTTC. Curioous though that they quote the speed range so confidently. How far from the green cabinet do you live?

It is FTTP as I'm on the same package

Alloneword08/01/2020 19:08

We can't get FTTC as we are exchange only line (Surrey Docks London SE16) …We can't get FTTC as we are exchange only line (Surrey Docks London SE16) and FTTP has been going in over last couple of years

We can't get FTTC either however I can't see that many alternatives to BT in my area which is rubbish.
If you really are FTTP, I'd snap their fingers off, not like you have much choice seeing how there are only about 8 FTTP providers, the rest will be at least double that price.
It's been a long time since i looked at this stuff anyone have a link to show me what options are open to me on my line/exchange
We have Ultra Fast in SW London but it is still through FTTC.
Didn't know FTTP ran at them speeds I have FTTP but @ 330mps and 50mb upload
Hmm, I thought BT called FTTP "Full fibre" or next gen fibre

And their "superfast fibre" products were VDSL (fibre to the cabinet).

I guess they must be matching the FTTC packages for exchange only lines?

Looks a reasonable price to me for the speed offered.
Edited by: "melted" 8th Jan
Well i took it out, for some reason they would not let me checkout untill i took some kind of sim (payg free) but that will end up in the bin

All1
Sounds like a direct exchange line to a property that is close to the exchange. There’s definitely something that’s not right about this. 74m makes it a super fast adsl fttc service. Ultrafast fttp has a minimum spec of 100m and more usually 330/30. Would be interesting to see the listing from dslchecker
melted08/01/2020 22:41

Hmm, I thought BT called FTTP "Full fibre" or next gen fibreAnd their …Hmm, I thought BT called FTTP "Full fibre" or next gen fibreAnd their "superfast fibre" products were VDSL (fibre to the cabinet).I guess they must be matching the FTTC packages for exchange only lines?Looks a reasonable price to me for the speed offered.

BT will provide their Superfast branded products using a variety of technologies. So while for most people they are FTTC, they can also be delivered using FTTP where available.
I will post dslchecker results later i think max speed was 1000 mbits
39637783-njtav.jpg

As i said i have resigned with them, have posted the image just for the sake of it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions