What3words: The app that can save your life - Download Free APP Store/Google Play

Posted 16th Aug 2019
Now you only need three words to quickly refer to any exact location – an apartment entrance, station exit, picnic spot or parking space.

what3words.com/pro…pp/

Join millions using the free what3words app.
Please Read This
bbc.co.uk/new…760
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
11 Comments
Actually rather clever idea.
So it's a lat/lon system that uses a proprietry algorithim?

I guess it might make sence if it was opensource.
Gormond16/08/2019 17:26

So it's a lat/lon system that uses a proprietry algorithim?I guess it …So it's a lat/lon system that uses a proprietry algorithim?I guess it might make sence if it was opensource.

Why? GPS satellites aren't. As long as it's robust and reliable, and it has been around a few years now.
This is a great tool, used in countries where formal addresses aren't common. The Mongolian postal service uses this.
EndlessWaves16/08/2019 19:08

Why? GPS satellites aren't. As long as it's robust and reliable, and it …Why? GPS satellites aren't. As long as it's robust and reliable, and it has been around a few years now.

And if they shut it off tomorrow the system is useless, I will stick with lat/long thanks.

GPS is a different thing altogether.
Gormond16/08/2019 17:26

it's a lat/lon system that uses a proprietry algorithim?I guess it might …it's a lat/lon system that uses a proprietry algorithim?I guess it might make sence if it was opensource.

Please stop using a proprietary language. You'll make more sense then.
Edited by: "Erudite" 17th Aug 2019
This has been around for ages but very little interest in it.
Erudite17/08/2019 08:03

Please stop using a proprietary language. You'll make more sense then.

If missing an "a" from a word was the only issue with my argument I accept that.
Gormond17/08/2019 10:55

If missing an "a" from a word was the only issue with my argument I accept …If missing an "a" from a word was the only issue with my argument I accept that.

Sence
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants