This computer

Found 9th Feb
hi saw this computer freshtechsolutions.co.uk/int…tml
was wondering if it was decent for the price, i looked up the individual prices and it comes to more than this set up.

what do people think???
Community Updates
AskElectronics
7 Comments
They really shouldn't be calling an 8gb, HDD PC a Gaming PC. Its not a high spec by any stretch of the imagination.

Keep an eye on the Dell Outlet for something with 16gb + of RAM, an SSD, i7 processor, a good Video card and you will get a bargain sometime in the next few weeks.
I have no idea what this guy is saying ^^

For entry level gaming its pretty decent as it has a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3gb VR Ready graphics card and minimum amount of RAM for most games. You can get better for the money but this is still a decent PC.
As above 16GB RAM And an SSD would be nicer
It's a good idea to not embarrass yourself by admitting you have no idea what others are talking about. Especially when you are quite obviously devoid of worthwhile opinion. If your avatar is of a grumpy old guy ............... it's very apt.
I'm not sure about this as 8GB, i5 7500 and GTX 1060 3GB is plenty enough for most games at 60fps. It's not a bad system price wise but I do believe better deals will come up as we get closer to april and companies are dumping stock before audit.

I've had 16GB of DDR3 for nearly 7 years with my 1090t/FX8350 setup. Even now my system averages on about 5GB and very rarely goes over 8GB. I've only ever used the extra cores for video encoding so I kind of shot myself in the foot with those two decisions, just glad I didn't pay out for 32GB as that would of been

I think for most people 16GB would be excessive and would probably be wiser to upgrade once it's needed and DDR4 prices drop to a more cost effective level.
kester769th Feb

I'm not sure about this as 8GB, i5 7500 and GTX 1060 3GB is plenty enough …I'm not sure about this as 8GB, i5 7500 and GTX 1060 3GB is plenty enough for most games at 60fps. It's not a bad system price wise but I do believe better deals will come up as we get closer to april and companies are dumping stock before audit.I've had 16GB of DDR3 for nearly 7 years with my 1090t/FX8350 setup. Even now my system averages on about 5GB and very rarely goes over 8GB. I've only ever used the extra cores for video encoding so I kind of shot myself in the foot with those two decisions, just glad I didn't pay out for 32GB as that would of been I think for most people 16GB would be excessive and would probably be wiser to upgrade once it's needed and DDR4 prices drop to a more cost effective level.

What GPU do you have, VRAM capacity?
Edited by: "rev6" 13th Feb
rev62 h, 21 m ago

What GPU do you have, VRAM capacity?

R9 290 ref with 4GB vram, bought an ex miner for £200 about 6 months before the 970 GTX came out. Keeps the front room warm but is noisy. Entry for VR.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants