Groups

This explains a lot.......

So this explains why I keep finding so many spiders in the house these days....

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

15 Comments

1 of the few truer things BBC have said
    o/h knows now when theres one stomping around - 3 females - screaming - shouting kill it!! he doesnt though

Seems very accurate as for the first time ever last year at this time i never got any of those large spiders in the house i get every other year.

Supposed to be if you leave a few fresh conkers lying around, they give off some kind of scent that spiders don't like. Makes 'em stay away.

We tried it and it does seem to work - not 100% but there are a lot less for a few months and theres a few other reports you can find with a Google search, which seem to bear this out.

Its makes a nice afternoon out as well, trampling thru the woods in the fall, collecting fresh conkers

Banned

we've had some massive ones this year, never had them before ...... will try the conker thing, i agree a fun day in the woods this weekend collecting xx

We had a spider in the house the other day that I went to stroke because it was as big as our Cat

Might be a slight exageration but it was pretty huge!

And I was just writing a new thread on how ive seen so many spiders - the latest one was last night in my room...it had to die!

Banned

we have had loads too, horrid bleedin things

It's the males wandering around looking for mates

uhhhh I saw two of these this week!!! I thought they looked different ... I dont like spiders :x

Bikebarbie;6390956

uhhhh I saw two of these this week!!! I thought they looked different ... … uhhhh I saw two of these this week!!! I thought they looked different ... I dont like spiders :x

I dont mind them but when your going to sleep and you know one of them in wandering around its slightly un-nerving

red_dwarfer;6390981

I dont mind them but when your going to sleep and you know one of them in … I dont mind them but when your going to sleep and you know one of them in wandering around its slightly un-nerving

I won't sleep if i've seen one, i have to find it. !!

A couple of years ago at nite one ran under my bed and i had to get everything out until i found it as it was big ewwwwww "shudders"

i once kept spiders (Avicularia versicolor).

2 escaped from the vivarium and were never found. dead probably

red_dwarfer;6390981

I dont mind them but when your going to sleep and you know one of them in … I dont mind them but when your going to sleep and you know one of them in wandering around its slightly un-nerving

I really freak out when I see them in the house. Once I saw a gigantic one at a distance in an unlit room and started shaking and got really scared, I threw a towel over it as I was scared it was going to get away (if it did I would have had to close the room and seal the frame with sellotape to make sure it wouldnt have sneaked out at night) then my boy started slapping a shoe over the towel to kill it whilst I was hiding and crying behind him

when he removed the towel my son was so disappointed because it was a plastic one!! :oops:

that's y thn,thy r all over my house,i hate spiders:thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764479
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4074
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846257
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?28110

See more discussions