This Graphics tablet worth it???

Posted 13th May
Is this graphics tablet worth it for just drawing images and putting them on YouTube?
Thanks
Huion 2019 NEW HUION Inspiroy H1060P Graphics Drawing Tablet, 10X6.25 inch Drawing pad with Customized Press Keys, Battery-free Pen, Tilt Function, Graphic Tablet Compatible with Windows, Mac OS, Android
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Personally I would go for a Wacom tablet, but then you will be paying more for it.

If you just want to have a go and see if you use it then the one you have linked too seems OK.
Thanks Bob. Actually I have no history of designing graphics so be nice if you could share some of your experience with me if you have time. Wanna chat to more designers on the softwares they use and see their cool projects . Thanks for the reply much appreciated.
John_Guy13/05/2020 08:46

Thanks Bob. Actually I have no history of designing graphics so be nice if …Thanks Bob. Actually I have no history of designing graphics so be nice if you could share some of your experience with me if you have time. Wanna chat to more designers on the softwares they use and see their cool projects . Thanks for the reply much appreciated.

Sorry if I gave you the impression that I was a graphics designer, I'm far from that.

I do have a basic Wacom tablet, trying to justify spending more for a better version, but need to understand what I need from it first.

I do very basic things with it so far, but trying to learn how to use Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro (thanks to the free Udemy courses), there have been ones for Photoshop too and that would be a good place to start to learn the basics so if you havent already signed up to a free course keep an eye out for them.
On the same level as me which is even better haha. Yeah I will enrol on those courses now. Free sounds good.
Keep an eye out there are tons all the time, I'm have too many courses to complete and the ones I have done so far have been useful. You are in no rush to go through the courses either once purchased at zero.
Best part about online learning.
I have had many wacom in the past.... now been using a Huion 950p for a year or so..... no regrets, they are brilliant. I would think the 1060p is about the same, maybe a few slight differences. I wouldn't go back to Wacom.
I have the HUION KAMVAS GT-191 HD 19.5 Inch Graphic Tablet and it's fantastic. The only thing for me is that it doesn't have buttons on the tablet itself so I had to buy a macro keyboard to help with designing as I don't sit at a desk to draw.

The one you linked though looks great and the fact it works from one cable helps (mine runs from HDMI, POWER and USB connected to my PC in order for it to work).

There is no price though... how much is it and what is your budget?
dbizal13/05/2020 13:54

I have the HUION KAMVAS GT-191 HD 19.5 Inch Graphic Tablet and it's …I have the HUION KAMVAS GT-191 HD 19.5 Inch Graphic Tablet and it's fantastic. The only thing for me is that it doesn't have buttons on the tablet itself so I had to buy a macro keyboard to help with designing as I don't sit at a desk to draw. The one you linked though looks great and the fact it works from one cable helps (mine runs from HDMI, POWER and USB connected to my PC in order for it to work). There is no price though... how much is it and what is your budget?

Hiya yeah the price was 75 I went and purchased from these comments and others it seems like it will be a good investment. Do you have a link to any works you have produced on it? Be good to see. Must have been worth it for you though if you bought a keyboard and still say it's good. Cheers!
steve.t13/05/2020 13:43

I have had many wacom in the past.... now been using a Huion 950p for a …I have had many wacom in the past.... now been using a Huion 950p for a year or so..... no regrets, they are brilliant. I would think the 1060p is about the same, maybe a few slight differences. I wouldn't go back to Wacom.

Yes seems that there is a difference in opinion between the two but maybe it's like coke and pepsi? I'll give huion a shot then
John_Guy13/05/2020 22:51

Hiya yeah the price was 75 I went and purchased from these comments and …Hiya yeah the price was 75 I went and purchased from these comments and others it seems like it will be a good investment. Do you have a link to any works you have produced on it? Be good to see. Must have been worth it for you though if you bought a keyboard and still say it's good. Cheers!

I just realized the one you were looking at doesn't have a screen, hence the lack of wires lol. I cannot cope with those as it feels like re-learning how to draw, whereas the ones where you draw directly on the screens are fantastic. But again, that depends on your budget.

I haven't drawn properly since college (11 years ago) so just getting back into sketching and getting my skills back.

I've attached some sketches below.

40743827-sXWUD.jpg
40743827-Nxcy0.jpg
This is in photoshop using the standard/default brushes. Again though, I'm no expert... just wanting to get back into drawing and thought it was a good thing to prompt that (My Missus bought me mine as a birthday gift last year).
dbizal14/05/2020 11:01

I just realized the one you were looking at doesn't have a screen, hence …I just realized the one you were looking at doesn't have a screen, hence the lack of wires lol. I cannot cope with those as it feels like re-learning how to draw, whereas the ones where you draw directly on the screens are fantastic. But again, that depends on your budget. I haven't drawn properly since college (11 years ago) so just getting back into sketching and getting my skills back.I've attached some sketches below. [Image] [Image] This is in photoshop using the standard/default brushes. Again though, I'm no expert... just wanting to get back into drawing and thought it was a good thing to prompt that (My Missus bought me mine as a birthday gift last year).

these are awesome. Reminds me of fern gully! It has no screen?? It's gonna be delivered tomorrow so I'll let you know what it is like. Dam. What graphics tablet did you use for these?
John_Guy15/05/2020 16:26

these are awesome. Reminds me of fern gully! It has no screen?? It's … these are awesome. Reminds me of fern gully! It has no screen?? It's gonna be delivered tomorrow so I'll let you know what it is like. Dam. What graphics tablet did you use for these?

Cheers buddy. I always find organic items hard to draw, especially human forms - I want to create a card game and the base desk is based on Ninja Frogs lol. Hence the 'Poison Dart frog' idea on the first image.

I use the HUION KAMVAS GT-191 HD 19.5 Inch Graphic Tablet, bit overkill but I liked drawing on the screen it has rather than on a tablet where you are looking at the screen and drawing on the tablet - my hand eye co'ordination was proper off when I got a standard wacom.

Give it a google and you will see what I mean.
dbizal15/05/2020 16:29

Cheers buddy. I always find organic items hard to draw, especially human …Cheers buddy. I always find organic items hard to draw, especially human forms - I want to create a card game and the base desk is based on Ninja Frogs lol. Hence the 'Poison Dart frog' idea on the first image. I use the HUION KAMVAS GT-191 HD 19.5 Inch Graphic Tablet, bit overkill but I liked drawing on the screen it has rather than on a tablet where you are looking at the screen and drawing on the tablet - my hand eye co'ordination was proper off when I got a standard wacom. Give it a google and you will see what I mean.

I got what you mean! I don't know if you know battletoads was a game back on the SNES. Reminds me of that. It's funny once you start doing a project how quick you get it done. Procrastination outs things off. You should keep at it and get in touch with like minded people to keep you in it cos you got some good drawing talent. Me and my friend aim to have a comic style animation by the end of may with these tablets. I'll post a link so you can see the end product when it's done and how we were able to use the tablet if you want!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions