Found 31st Jul 2008
but can you eat prawns raw

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
23 Comments

like a lion???

i lol @ grammatical error.

what you mean Roar before you eat the prawn or after ?????

I would have to say only when they are tiger prawns :whistling:

Banned

no you cant eat them raw...

but most prawns are ready cooked...they tend to be grey when there raw

how ironic...........:oops:

Raw be the word you are looking for

alnbowes;2642990

I would have to say only when they are tiger prawns :whistling:

Like it :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

OMG. I made a grammar mistake. That's so funny I forgot. Haha

Original Poster Banned

ODB_69;2642992

no you cant eat them raw...but most prawns are ready cooked...they tend … no you cant eat them raw...but most prawns are ready cooked...they tend to be grey when there raw

Thanks. Rep added.

you made me choke laughing at your mistake, eeesh thats sounds nasty doesnt it!!

natversion1;2642995

Raw be the word you are looking for

said like a true cider maker ....lol (are you sitting on a gate near a traaaaaactor with a bit of graaaaas hanging out of your mouth when you said that ........):-D

Banned

alnbowes;2643010

said like a true cider maker ....lol (are you sitting on a gate near a … said like a true cider maker ....lol (are you sitting on a gate near a traaaaaactor with a bit of graaaaas hanging out of your mouth when you said that ........):-D

looool

that was my 1st thought too

Original Poster Banned

snowtiger;2643061

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_eat_raw_prawns says YES

Thank you very much. Rep added for you.

snowtiger;2643061

of course you can eat them raw. You get them in sushi don't you?!:)

t0mm;2643082

I don't think Sushi is made up of raw prawns or sea food,
I think it is just Raw fish ? :?

Yes,

sushi has cooked prawns not raw. you get both raw and cooked fish on Sushi and Nigri. sliced thinly and very tasty.

and by the way, Tigers do not roar, lions do, but the comment was funny anyway.

ianstanley;2643359

Yes,sushi has cooked prawns not raw. you get both raw and cooked fish on … Yes,sushi has cooked prawns not raw. you get both raw and cooked fish on Sushi and Nigri. sliced thinly and very tasty.and by the way, Tigers do not roar, lions do, but the comment was funny anyway.

well they dinnet exactly meow mate , do they !

(Another one )

ODB_69;2643015

loooolthat was my 1st thought too

I've re read it and cant stop thinking of him actually speaking like that now . lol :-D

snowtiger;2643061

Would be very careful with this....it depends on whether the prawns are fresh and from a reputable source.....plus the environment they have bred in

Shellfish

http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/multimedia/images/thumbnails/sscrust.jpg Shellfish such as squid, crab, prawns, lobster, mussels, clams, cockles and scallops are low in fat, rich in minerals and provide protein.

But it's important to take care how you store, prepare and cook shellfish.

When they are raw or haven't been cooked properly, shellfish can contain harmful viruses and bacteria. And shellfish such as clams and oysters are also filter feeders. This means that the water they are living in, which might be polluted, passes through them.

Elderly people and people who are unwell might want to avoid eating raw shellfish to reduce their risk of getting food poisoning.

It should be fine to eat shellfish that has been properly cooked, because this usually kills any bacteria or viruses in them. Most shellfish is eaten cooked, but oysters are often served raw.

Raw oysters can contain a virus called the Norovirus. It can cause the following symptoms:

[LIST]
[*] nausea
[*]dehydrating diarrhoea
[*]abdominal pain[/LIST]People infected with this virus can also experience a headache and fever.

Raw or partially cooked shellfish can contain hepatitis A, which is a virus of the liver. Hepatitis A is highly contagious, and can be spread to food, such as salads, by people who are infected. People can be infected with hepatitis A for up to two months before they show signs of the disease. Cases of Hepatitis A are rare in the UK. Symptoms include:
[LIST]
[*]fever
[*]tiredness
[*]nausea
[*]stomach discomfort
[*]dark urine
[*]jaundice[/LIST]

alnbowes;2643470

I've re read it and cant stop thinking of him actually speaking like that … I've re read it and cant stop thinking of him actually speaking like that now . lol :-D

I don't be knowing what you talking aboot oh ar :thumbsup:

Sloth/Mod

You can eat anything raw.............just wouldn't want your guts afterwards. ;-)

t0mm;2643082

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]No you don't, prawns are cooked in sushi. Do not eat them raw - they will make you very ill![/COLOR]
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition851139
    2. telegraph/BA/visittobago comp - win a holiday in tobago22
    3. OnePlus 5T International Giveaway! Gleam11
    4. Win a luxury five-star break for two in London at the Capital Hotel, Knight…11

See more discussions