Groups

THIS PERSON HAS REALLY ANGERED ME!!

and what angers me most is myself for not being able to be nasty to people

at xmas my tumble drier died,i was skint had a young baby and with 7 of us here and the bad weather we were lost without it

anyway this man who i know said he could get us a reconditioned one from hotpoint where he works,i told him i wanted a white condensor one he said that would be fine and i asked for a guarantee he assured me i would get a 12 month guarantee(never had any paperwork)

a few days later he turned up with a tumble drier he said it was brand new(it wasnt there was fluff in the filter and a hole in the filter) he also offered to take my old drier out the way for as he said it was knackered,from day one we had probs with it,it was taking ages to dry which he said was normal he said i must be ovoading it,he finally came out and said he couldnt repair it and made me feel it was my fault!he said he would replace it next week

anyway 6 weeks i waited in the winter with 7 of us as the warehouse didnt have any in ,he finally brought our brand new (apparantly) dryer which was grey in colour and was a 5kg not 7kg like i asked for dumped it here and of he went,i couldnt be bothered to moan again and was desperate to get washing done so i just kept it!

then yesterday i went to the dump and ther he was looking in the back at the appliances and then loading some into his car!

i really wanted to say something like is this the new hotpoint warehouse?but i just couldnt!i am more annoyed about the lies he has told and the fact that he has a stunning house and a nice car and we are renting,skint and our house needs a lot of work doing to it and he took our money and left us waiting so long for a replacement.

would you be annoyed or am i overreacting?

and does anyone else find it hard to have a go at people?

32 Comments

feel bad for you especially with your kids - wasted money

if he is dealing in reconditioned items report him to trading standards - if you dont like confronting him yourself
    or get your o/h to collar him -

Banned

You are certainly not over reacting.

You should report him to your local council. Items that have been dumped their are now their property. Removing them is theft. Might not help your situation, but hopefully it will dry up (no pun intended) his supply!

That's outrageous! I think I would have had to have said something - but saying that when it comes to it I'd probably have lost my bottle!

Maybe his bosses at Hotpoint would like to know that he is pretending to act as their agent but is actually ruining their reputation. :x

have you tried freecycle.com?
    its where people get rid of there old stuff, i got a dishwasher because this lovley couple were having a new kitchen with a built in dishwasher.

you really need to report him to trading standards. this can be done anonymously and online should you prefer. give them details of the vehicle he his using too. the more info the better!
    GOOD LUCK

Banned

edjaned,

Yes, you're a complete pushover, but understandably so. You seem to give people the benefit of doubt (or trust too much).

Now these are qualities to be admired, if you are able to distance yourself from the hurt that others may cause by abusing your generosity and trust, otherwise it's time to become a little more selfish in your pursuit of what matters to you in life.

For what it's worth, I would have been very annoyed also, but I would have been more direct about refusing to accept an item different to what you expected. You could have remained polite by refusing to accept the item and requesting a full refund. It's hard to be upfront like this if you're not naturally this sort of person, however by keeping it short and sweet and not deviating from the point you'll find it easier to handle in the future whilst still coming across as an honest and fair person, polite and straight to the point.

Good luck.

You say you know him - acquaintance or friend? Just curious

Original Poster

guv;2213839

You are certainly not over reacting.You should report him to your local … You are certainly not over reacting.You should report him to your local council. Items that have been dumped their are now their property. Removing them is theft. Might not help your situation, but hopefully it will dry up (no pun intended) his supply!

u can buy things of the dump
    and one of the workers were helping him get it into car so they must have some sort of deal :x

what a nightmare, do you have anyone else in your family that can 'av a word' with him for you? at the very least i would get your money back from him. he has ripped you off after all, and is laughing all the way to the bank. if you do confront him yourself i find it best to get mad first.
    im 6ft 3 and in my 30's but the thought of furious women full of righteous indignation would scare me lol.

How much did you pay him for the dryer?

Thats bad,sorry you been taken advantage of.Other's have already suggested what you should do.

Original Poster

cazzzy;2213855

have you tried freecycle.com?its where people get rid of there old stuff, … have you tried freecycle.com?its where people get rid of there old stuff, i got a dishwasher because this lovley couple were having a new kitchen with a built in dishwasher.

the drier is ok at the mo thanks
    and yes i love freecycle i have been appealing for a dishwasher for a while but no luck as yet

Original Poster

sadiebabes;2213874

How much did you pay him for the dryer?

£95 :oops:

edjaned;2213866

u can buy things of the dumpand one of the workers were helping him get … u can buy things of the dumpand one of the workers were helping him get it into car so they must have some sort of deal :x

after you saying that definately report him - contact your enviromental service dept in your area and tell them what he doing - hopefully he should get banned from buying from council dump

theres an idea for you anyway - next time you need a dryer or something - go to dump yourself and see what they have - im surer you could even test it there

dont let him get away with it hun:thumbsup:

jeez just read how much you paid - ill report him for you - let me know council area you are in and i will be on it first thing monday - actually i will report on website and follow up with phone call - you cant be the only one he has ripped off -

Original Poster

hannah19790;2213862

You say you know him - acquaintance or friend? Just curious

he is my mums best friend (who i like very much) brother
    he is also the cousin of my real father(who i dont know) so sort of distant family

I agree, contact trading standards and also hotpoint (even if he doesnt really work there they should be interested). Possibly a good idea to speak to your local newspaper as well to alert other people to the problem.

If he is sort of related then could you not speak to your family? I am sure that they would not be happy about what has happened (even people who rip people off do not do it to their own family!) and could try and get your money back

Original Poster

holly100;2213891

after you saying that definately report him - contact your enviromental … after you saying that definately report him - contact your enviromental service dept in your area and tell them what he doing - hopefully he should get banned from buying from council dumptheres an idea for you anyway - next time you need a dryer or something - go to dump yourself and see what they have - im surer you could even test it theredont let him get away with it hun:thumbsup:

i dont think i would like to buy from dump incase of fire hazzard or something
    i thought by buying f him it would have been tested and deemed safe

Banned

edjaned;2213866

u can buy things of the dumpand one of the workers were helping him get … u can buy things of the dumpand one of the workers were helping him get it into car so they must have some sort of deal :x

Not at my one you can't! Are there signs up saying you can? Just curious if its not just council employees making up some extra wages? Ive certainly seen that happening at my local dump, though to be honest, never really thought of it being used for what's happened to you!

Original Poster

guv;2213940

Not at my one you can't! Are there signs up saying you can? Just curious … Not at my one you can't! Are there signs up saying you can? Just curious if its not just council employees making up some extra wages? Ive certainly seen that happening at my local dump, though to be honest, never really thought of it being used for what's happened to you!

no signs up its just the workers getting extra cash

Banned

the 7 weeks wait by yourself makes me think you paid peanuts for this? Not that this justifies what he has done, i would have confronted him, and i wouldnt have been to polite in my converstaion either, mind i wouldnt have waited 7 weeks noe would i have accepted something i didnt ask for

Original Poster

aScottishBloke;2213860

edjaned,Yes, you're a complete pushover, but understandably so. You seem … edjaned,Yes, you're a complete pushover, but understandably so. You seem to give people the benefit of doubt (or trust too much).Now these are qualities to be admired, if you are able to distance yourself from the hurt that others may cause by abusing your generosity and trust, otherwise it's time to become a little more selfish in your pursuit of what matters to you in life.For what it's worth, I would have been very annoyed also, but I would have been more direct about refusing to accept an item different to what you expected. You could have remained polite by refusing to accept the item and requesting a full refund. It's hard to be upfront like this if you're not naturally this sort of person, however by keeping it short and sweet and not deviating from the point you'll find it easier to handle in the future whilst still coming across as an honest and fair person, polite and straight to the point.Good luck.

i know your right!
    sometes i have things in my head and convince myself i can say it
    but when it comes to the crunch it wont come out!!
    i get so frustrated with myself :oops:
    and thanks for the compliments

sassie;2213974

i would have confronted him, and i wouldnt have been to polite in my … i would have confronted him, and i wouldnt have been to polite in my converstaion either, mind i wouldnt have waited 7 weeks noe would i have accepted something i didnt ask for

To bloody right go and give him a pull, What a tramp selling you something off the dump :x

Original Poster

sassie;2213974

the 7 weeks wait by yourself makes me think you paid peanuts for this? … the 7 weeks wait by yourself makes me think you paid peanuts for this? Not that this justifies what he has done, i would have confronted him, and i wouldnt have been to polite in my converstaion either, mind i wouldnt have waited 7 weeks noe would i have accepted something i didnt ask for

it was £95
    i wish i could of said "hang on i dont want this"
    but it just wont come out!!
    i feel so angry with myself as its not the first time something like this has happened :oops:

at the moment i have 2 broken appliances in my house my old washer and y dishwasher thats just died
    but i hate the thought of him having them and making money out of my thingsso they are just stuck here at the mo :oops:

Banned

so you get one off the tip for half price, what a chuffin nerve, decide what you want to do and go round there, and face the get

Original Poster

he prob only pays about £10
    i know the bikes are £5
    and my mates dad got a like new sofa for 20

Banned

im sorry but i would report what is happening to the council, then i would go and see him and tell him what you want and tell him had you known it was coming form the tip you would have give him £30/£40 or whatever, or just tell him to pick it up and return your money otherwise you will contact hotpoint

Could see what Citizens Advive recommend - Either way good luck!!

:thumbsup:

Banned

edjaned;2213968

no signs up its just the workers getting extra cash

I think youve proved the point again that you are too trusting!!!

Do you honestly think these workers on a tip are check out girls as well?

Give the council a ring. If they are allowed to do this, there is no harm done. If they are not, you can help stop this in its tracks.

If I was you I would report him to the council, I assume they would take it seriously even you did so annonymously (sorry about the spelling!) there is always someone ready to take advantage, it makes my blood boil.

If and when you go to the tip again, make sure you have something with you to take a photo if he's there again.

You are a lovely person and don't deserve treatment like this.

goodness thats awful.

report him!

Join up to Freecycle and get a free one for .........FREE...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game72844174
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?33198
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764390
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?79

See more discussions