"This thread is currently in moderation" - what's the point?

Found 22nd Dec 2010
Just revised yet another one of my posts and as usual these days its gone for Mod approval

Only problem is I've waited over 1/2 hour yet no-one has posted it back

Why did this crazy idea come into play? What was wrong with the old system as this only seems to have happened recently

Do all members now need to be editors to allow them to adjust their OP posts. Or should we just post 1 post after another for additional info in a thread

As my posts tend to be lists of games, I like to post it all in the 1st OP post, never had a problem prior to this week but now all my posts are going for MOD approval. And now my deal isn't visible to members & hasn't been for quite a long time

Can we not go back to the old (much better) way of allowing members to do as they need to, to ensure the best for HUKD?

That and the poor searching within HUKD is becoming a pain now

Any views from anyone or ideas as to why this has happened?

Thread moderation test
- anewman

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
5 Comments

Original Poster

I'd say its been nearly an hour probably by now (I was generous earlier when I said in the OP that it'd been over 1/2 hr)

Still no sign of my post. So I may as well note it down here that Gameloft were giving away the iPad version of Gangstar West Coast Hustle HD for the iPad for FREE

There were some other good free apps on the post also but can't get access to it & some were only on for a short amount of time!

Lets hope there is a mod still awake or available who can rectify the problem

Getting some rest now as it doesn't seem likely it'll be done in the next few min's! Wish i hadn't bothered editing it now & just added more & more posts under the original OP post

theonlytazman

I'd say its been nearly an hour probably by now (I was generous earlier … I'd say its been nearly an hour probably by now (I was generous earlier when I said in the OP that it'd been over 1/2 hr)Still no sign of my post. So I may as well note it down here that Gameloft were giving away the iPad version of Gangstar West Coast Hustle HD for the iPad for FREEThere were some other good free apps on the post also but can't get access to it & some were only on for a short amount of time!Lets hope there is a mod still awake or available who can rectify the problemGetting some rest now as it doesn't seem likely it'll be done in the next few min's! Wish i hadn't bothered editing it now & just added more & more posts under the original OP post

Contrary to popular belief; mods sleep too.

Yeah im pretty annoyed with this feature also.

Original Poster

freeDUMB - mods sleeping, when?

why bring in this crazy feature? nothing wrong with how it was before, ie edit OP posts as much as you wanted to!

now we have to wait for a MOD to approve it before its re-posted! so what is the solution? not to be able to amend OP post titles or threads, have scores of new posts for any new amendments

as we now know mods sleep, what happens during those times? do we then have to wait hours for the mods to wake up to re-post our threads

crazy is all that i can say about this! my post still hasn't been re-posted yet, going by the time now i don't think it'll be done till the early hours tomorrow so members will only have a couple of hours to bag it for free!

so shouldn't hukd be called the place to get old deals as all the current one's are being amended so pls bear with us ...

sorry for the rant but seems a farcical idea to stop posters from editing their OWN op posts as many times as they needed to! it ensures members can find all the info they need in 1 place rather than wading thro' loads of postings to get what they need

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

"This thread is currently in moderation" - what's the point?don't go … "This thread is currently in moderation" - what's the point?don't go blaming me i had nothing to do with it !

I did say what's the point not "whatsthepoint" subtle difference

could be your twin though!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition821056
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 46 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313
    3. Enter to win an iPhone X Anker competition33
    4. Win £500 worth of goods from RAF Museum's shop66

See more discussions