This world is getting me down.

How bad are things getting?

Two boys aged ten and 11 are in police custody after an alleged assault in which another boy received life-threatening injuries. A fourth boy was also seriously injured in the incident, which took place in Edlington, Doncaster, south Yorkshire.

Police were called to the Brick Ponds area of Edlington at around 2.20pm on Saturday to reports that an injured child had been spotted on Auburn Street by a member of the public.

The nine-year-old boy, who had suffered facial injuries and an injured arm, was taken to Doncaster Royal Infirmary for treatment.

After further investigation, police then found a critically-injured boy at a nearby ravine.

A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "An 11-year-old boy was found partially conscious with life-threatening injuries to his head. He was air-lifted to Sheffield Children's Hospital and placed in intensive care."

The boy's condition is described as critical but stable.

The two suspects, who were found by police in allotments near the ravine, are being interviewed by detectives.

Officers are making house-to-house visits and a police spokesman said there was a "visible police presence" in the Edlington area.

23 Comments

I wouldnt even let my kids play away from home at that age never mind being brutally violent ! Thats shocking

That is terrible and no doubt nothing will happen to the suspects

Makes me so angry

bad times, bad times

Original Poster

carol123;4839313

I wouldnt even let my kids play away from home at that age never mind … I wouldnt even let my kids play away from home at that age never mind being brutally violent ! Thats shocking

fireheaven;4839340

That is terrible and no doubt nothing will happen to the suspectsMakes me … That is terrible and no doubt nothing will happen to the suspectsMakes me so angry

black gerbil1;4839347

bad times, bad times

Its awful, 10 & 11 years old, what hope have they got in the future?

skusey;4839358

it is appauling, i cant remember violence on that level then i was that age (a few years ago) but to be fair it is doncaster:whistling:

Original Poster

TomWilkoLFC;4839394

it is appauling, i cant remember violence on that level then i was that … it is appauling, i cant remember violence on that level then i was that age (a few years ago) but to be fair it is doncaster:whistling:

just reminds me of the James Bulger case, things are heading towards another hideous event very soon the way things are going

carol123;4839313

I wouldnt even let my kids play away from home at that age never mind … I wouldnt even let my kids play away from home at that age never mind being brutally violent ! Thats shocking

My 8 year old son spent hours complaining the other night that I treat him like a baby as I won't let him wander around the town with his friends, just because they are allowed. I will show him this when he gets back tomorrow

Original Poster

fireheaven;4839424

My 8 year old son spent hours complaining the other night that I treat … My 8 year old son spent hours complaining the other night that I treat him like a baby as I won't let him wander around the town with his friends, just because they are allowed. I will show him this when he gets back tomorrow

very wise, do you worry about this sort of thing?
I do, often

TomWilkoLFC;4839394

it is appauling, i cant remember violence on that level then i was that … it is appauling, i cant remember violence on that level then i was that age (a few years ago) but to be fair it is doncaster:whistling:

It's not only in Doncaster. Kids that age chuck bricks over motorway bridges at cars all the time. There was a train driver injured by youngsters chucking bricks the other day. In what is supposed to be a "good area" too. There are violent kids everywhere.

its such a shame what the worlds coming to its scary place

skusey;4839454

very wise, do you worry about this sort of thing?I do, often

Very much so - its one of my biggest fears for them especially having two boys

My eldest is now training for his black belt in karate and I will make sure the youngest starts when he gets to 6. I need to know they can defend themselves when I do have to reluctantly let go

fireheaven;4839508

Very much so - its one of my biggest fears for them especially having two … Very much so - its one of my biggest fears for them especially having two boysMy eldest is now training for his black belt in karate and I will make sure the youngest starts when he gets to 6. I need to know they can defend themselves when I do have to reluctantly let go

Thought about doing this when my kids were small. In the end I taught them to keep a look out for trouble and keep a good distance between them and gangs etc. The really worrying thing has got to be knives! One time I saw a child of about 8or 9 going in to school late swinging what looked like a 5lb hammer. Called the head teacher who seemed totally unphased by it:oops: I was told there was no problem with violent kids in their school

MAIA;4839605

Thought about doing this when my kids were small. In the end I taught … Thought about doing this when my kids were small. In the end I taught them to keep a look out for trouble and keep a good distance between them and gangs etc. The really worrying thing has got to be knives! One time I saw a child of about 8or 9 going in to school late swinging what looked like a 5lb hammer. Called the head teacher who seemed totally unphased by it:oops: I was told there was no problem with violent kids in their school

Yeah he is taught how to defend himself against knives but its still a worry

I just wanna slap kids like that and their parent too

fireheaven;4839654

Yeah he is taught how to defend himself against knives but its still a … Yeah he is taught how to defend himself against knives but its still a worryI just wanna slap kids like that and their parent too

I've wanted to slap lots of parents for sheer stupidity. Had a neighbour one time who left a hammer lying in the back garden where her 3year old was playing with my 4year old. I went to check on them just as the little one was getting a good swing in:w00t: I can't repeat here what followed, enough to say my son wasn't allowed to play there again. Some people just don't have the brain to raise children, simple.

MAIA;4839786

I've wanted to slap lots of parents for sheer stupidity. Had a neighbour … I've wanted to slap lots of parents for sheer stupidity. Had a neighbour one time who left a hammer lying in the back garden where her 3year old was playing with my 4year old. I went to check on them just as the little one was getting a good swing in:w00t: I can't repeat here what followed, enough to say my son wasn't allowed to play there again. Some people just don't have the brain to raise children, simple.

:shock: what an idiot. But usually nothing happens to kids like that.

shocking heard it on news and no doubt a trip to disneyland for the wee shiiiiiiiteeeeesss is already being aranged

Banned

fireheaven;4839424

My 8 year old son spent hours complaining the other night that I treat … My 8 year old son spent hours complaining the other night that I treat him like a baby as I won't let him wander around the town with his friends, just because they are allowed. I will show him this when he gets back tomorrow

I have a shop in the city centre and regulary see kids around 9 & 10 wandering round with 2 or 3 of their mates around the same age. yesterday there were 2 lads who i wouldn't have said were more than 7. Definately no parents with them, my daughter is 10 and theres no way she would be allowed in the town without an adult!

colinsunderland;4840252

I have a shop in the city centre and regulary see kids around 9 & 10 … I have a shop in the city centre and regulary see kids around 9 & 10 wandering round with 2 or 3 of their mates around the same age. yesterday there were 2 lads who i wouldn't have said were more than 7. Definately no parents with them, my daughter is 10 and theres no way she would be allowed in the town without an adult!

yeah exactly and no amount of moaning from him will change that

MAIA;4839462

It's not only in Doncaster. Kids that age chuck bricks over motorway … It's not only in Doncaster. Kids that age chuck bricks over motorway bridges at cars all the time. There was a train driver injured by youngsters chucking bricks the other day. In what is supposed to be a "good area" too. There are violent kids everywhere.

i am aware of that, the dig at doncaster was a little joke, but okay i see some people arent as receptive to jokes as others:whistling:

jamstaruk1972;4840010

shocking heard it on news and no doubt a trip to disneyland for the wee … shocking heard it on news and no doubt a trip to disneyland for the wee [COLOR="Red"]shiiiiiiiteeeeesss[/COLOR] is already being aranged

didnt know the culprits were muslim

OMG i was still playing hide & seek at this age!!

skusey;4839358

I think they might have a future career in the UFC.

rambo181;4841996

I think they might have a future career in the UFC.

good shout, either that or a promising career in WWE, especially the hardcore matches where weapons are allowed
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions