Thomas cook flights only seating

Found 30th Aug 2017
I've booked Thomas cook airlines to go to the US. I knew that the check in was only 24hrs in advanced but I didn't know they offered seating to purchase in advanced at £120 in total for two adults!!!!

I am furious as I thought this was budget airline stuff

What happens when I check in online 24hrs before the flight and I haven't prebooked seats? Has anyone used their website to do this?

I am not paying £120, will I get 'free' seats at the risk of not sitting together? Will I get to pick on a map where we sit?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I've not done this with Thomas cook but I have with other airlines. When you check in you are allocated seats and it is the luck of the draw whether you are together or not. I've never not got seats together but it isn't guaranteed. You won't get to choose, that's what you pay £120 for. You would usually have the option to do this when you buy the tickets. The earlier you check in, the better the chance you will have of getting seated together. I think most airlines do this now, it's how they keep the prices low. Fingers crossed you get seated together.
I also thought only 'budget' airlines did this until I booked a flight recently with BA to the US and was surprised to see they do the same!
All the airlines have realized they can make a few extra ££ doing this. The only one I've flown with this year that didn't was CP.
Bit of a stealth tax. Personally I would be quite happy if I was allocated 1a and my son was allocated 43d. Not so sure the occupant of 43c would share my feelings.
It's just the sneaky way they've done their website to catch out the unwary and also to be greedy.

Most of them do it, but you don't have to choose your seat, just means you may not sit together when they allocate.
It really is no different to the olden days when we all stood in a line at a check in desk and got boarding passes when we got to the front of the queue. The difference is that now you can pay to avoid that queue altogether. If you don't want to, you join that queue and take pot luck as you always used to. It is just a ploy to get more money.
Literally Last night I booked into my flight with Thomas Cook for the 2 of us. I had a similar reaction but I just pressed next. What happened? They just auto assigned seats for the both of us which were sat next to each other and didnt pay nothing
darthvader666uk1 h, 45 m ago

Literally Last night I booked into my flight with Thomas Cook for the 2 of …Literally Last night I booked into my flight with Thomas Cook for the 2 of us. I had a similar reaction but I just pressed next. What happened? They just auto assigned seats for the both of us which were sat next to each other and didnt pay nothing

So what did you pay if you didn't pay nothing ?
tallpete3311 m ago

So what did you pay if you didn't pay nothing ?

haha, oops, yeah.....I didnt read that through
I never pre-book seats, I've been on probably 30 flights with family, Always been seated together.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions