Groups

thomson dt16300

hi eveyone i bought one of these freeview boxes even tho the brainy people who know about these things on here said they were bad news anyway i bought one cos they were cheap but now its packed up,well the recording side of things anyway cos when we go to the recorded programmes list the whole thing freezes and the only thing to do is turn it off at the wall.anyone know if there is a factory reset button or something to wipe the thing clean

6 Comments

As the saying goes, "Buy cheap, buy twice", but since the cheap part is good for HUKD I'd add that if you are going to buy cheap make sure it is quality. I did exactly the same as you with my first freeview box, and quess what happened?

Thev reset is probably in the menu - if you can get to it.

Original Poster

thanks for your help but i cant see it in the menu anywhere to reset.looks to be destined for the bin then

Can't you return it? I had one, and returned it because I was having to switch it off at the wall 2 or 3 times a day.

Original Poster

thanx for reply saint,had it a while no reciept now.it still works as freeview box ok,just that our recorded list of things cant be acessed cos the thing freezes up then have to turn off at plug.

Do you have any other proof of purchase, such as credit card receipt, e-mail invoice etc?

Original Poster

more than likely bought on maestro debit card,got it from tesco around year and half ago
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846179
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is67
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764237
      4. WWE SummerSlam 2017 discussion thread!22

See more discussions