Groups

Thomson Electronics ban

Anyone who's taken a flight with Thomsons (Manchester airport) have any feedback regarding the electronics ban?

Having spoke to customer services twice they've told me I can't take my kids iPad, digital camera or even my phone on the flight. I'm travelling to Morroco which isn't in the list of 6 countries mentioned in the official ban.

I've also come across this page on the Thomson website, but just wanted feedback from someone who's recently travelled with them.

thomson.co.uk/des…ban

10 Comments

it doesn't apply for flights from UK

Zak_K

Anyone who's taken a flight with Thomsons (Manchester airport) have … Anyone who's taken a flight with Thomsons (Manchester airport) have any feedback regarding the electronics ban? Having spoke to customer services twice they've told me I can't take my kids iPad, digital camera or even my phone on the flight. I'm travelling to Morroco which isn't in the list of 6 countries mentioned in the official ban. I've also come across this page on the Thomson website, but just wanted feedback from someone who's recently tried with them. http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/travel-information/electronics-ban

I do not think it applies to the UK i thought it was more places like Saudi Arabia, Suddan etc..

Original Poster

kvn618

it doesn't apply for flights from UK

Even the return flights, it seems like it doesn't effect Morocco. Yet customer services is telling me I can't even take my phone.

I don't know why they are giving you false information. I am travelling to Turkey later this month with Thomas cook and from my research I found that Tablets and laptops are barred on the return flight. A phone such as mine (iPhone 6 plus) is ok to take with me but anything bigger then that isn't. You will need to put the barred items into your checked luggage. I do not know why they said you cant take you digital camera with you. Last I checked only flights from the following countries are affected: Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia. Its an inconvenience but one worth having if it means we are safe.
    Edited by: "ashraf9891" 6th Apr

Just check it in

MIDURIX

Just check it in

Yeah right. For the baggage handlers to check it right out!

mtuk1

Yeah right. For the baggage handlers to check it right out!

Your tin foil hat will protect you though

MIDURIX

Your tin foil hat will protect you though

What? You think putting expensive tablets or laptops in the hold of a plane is safe from theft? What about expensive Jewelry? Why not put that in there too oO Nothing to do with having a tin foil hat.

mtuk1

What? You think putting expensive tablets or laptops in the hold of a … What? You think putting expensive tablets or laptops in the hold of a plane is safe from theft? What about expensive Jewelry? Why not put that in there too oO Nothing to do with having a tin foil hat.

I agree with you; I have arrived at my destination to find my bags had been ripped open; luckily for me, there wasnt anything of worth in them. Friends have lost stuff though, which is why I have always carried the expensive stuff in my carry-on or laptop bag.

What I see at Heathrow airport is a sign stating "Make sure your phones, tablets and computers are fully charged during security check". so they can check if there is not something else inside.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What a bunch of brassed necked barstewards47
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767518
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553819
      4. Feels weird!918

See more discussions