Thomsoncruise 7 nights for £30pp - continued from Hot Deals

Found 4th Feb 2007
Please continue conversation in here if necessary, and please keep it civil folks.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
5 Comments

Thanks for intervening and bringing the negative communications to a close. The issue seems to have drawn a lot of unhelpful comments from folks that have no interest in the offer. I do, feel, however, that customers who are still trying to resolve their booking problems with Thomson need to have a forum to exchange information that might be helpful to others.

thanks for setting up this thread. sadly, i still await reimbursement of the sum paid for the cruise. keep badgering thomsons in relation to the refund, and they keep promising to resolve the issue, and my account is still £77.90 short! is anyone else in the same boat? (forgive the terrible pun!)

digger79

Thanks for intervening and bringing the negative communications to a … Thanks for intervening and bringing the negative communications to a close. The issue seems to have drawn a lot of unhelpful comments from folks that have no interest in the offer. I do, feel, however, that customers who are still trying to resolve their booking problems with Thomson need to have a forum to exchange information that might be helpful to others.

Is making comments liking people to Jade Goody, characters from Little Britain and calling people "ambulance chasers" particularly helpful?

I don't have any interest in the offer although I saw it at the time I didn't bother to book anything because in the past there have been many high profile misprices that have usually resulted in the supplier claiming that they are within their rights to cancel as stated in the T&Cs.

If the T&Cs were not displayed as claimed then there has obviously been a couple of glitches in the Thomson booking system. When I saw the offer it was pretty clear to me that it was a mistake. If you feel cheated as a result of what you saw as being a geninue offer then fair enough. You're perfectly entitled to make a complaint to Thomson or ABTA and talk to solicitors. I personally don't think that it's worth the hassle.

As I have mentioned earlier I am trying to claim compensation for something that happened to me whilst on a Thomson holiday which I believe would not have happened if Thomson acted correctly. I spent time in a Spanish speaking medical centre where I was in a serious condition. My wife was subjected to such worry and Thomson aren't budging an inch on the matter.

My experience tells me that you've got a fight on your hands if you try and take this further. I might be wrong though!

i understand it was a misprice but thomson have still not returned my money, im sure that they would have to to this within 7 days, its now been almost a month, no help on the phone either, keep saying they will call back

motherfunk - how did you pay?

I'd suggest phoning thompson in the morning and making it clear that if they don't phone you to say the refund has happened you'll be reporting it to your bank (or credit card company) in the evening.

Unfortunately if Thomson don't play ball, it takes sometime to get the money back via the bank (paperwork going backwards and forwards). It'll also result in Thomson having to pay the bank a fee of around 10-20ukp if I remember correctly, so they should be keen to avoid you going that route.

This is slightly different if you use a electron/solo/etc type card, they have less protection. As a hint, always always pay for stuff like this on a credit card, as then the c/card company is jointly liable.
Post a comment
@
    Text