Those who have flown with Easyjet

Found 1st Aug 2010
wondering whether its an advantage to book speedy boarding or not ? we are a family of 6 and wasnt sure whether too book ?

25 Comments

Depends on the ages of people in your party.

Original Poster

45, 40, 17, 13, 11 and 7

i would pay for it, so that you sit together and don't have to join the acttle rush.

Banned

If everyone books speedy boarding it is no longer speedy boarding...it's just a load of plebs paying extra to board before 50% of the other people wanting to get on the plane.

I would say yes if you dont mind the extra cash. I always do it when flying with them but there are normally only the three of us - lets us get on earlier and choose our seats together.

Where are you flying to? Last time we done this was when flying to Palma and was soooooooooooo glad we did pay that extra as the queues were mega long
Edited by: "bossyboots" 1st Aug 2010

Banned

it doesnt mean you will all sit together, it just measn you will be in the 1st line to board, so depending how many have purchased priority boarding to whhere you maybe in the line

skiboy

45, 40, 17, 13, 11 and 7

If your wanting to sit together the chances are your gonna have to pay for it, if you have an infant yo automatically qualify for it.

Lol speedy boarding just means you sit around for longer on a plane waiting for those less speedy passengers still in the bar getting wasted.

when we went with them as we had a child we were pushed forward anyway-they put a p on our boading passes..

transit

Lol speedy boarding just means you sit around for longer on a plane … Lol speedy boarding just means you sit around for longer on a plane waiting for those less speedy passengers still in the bar getting wasted.

hahahahaha i cant believe your tail doesnt wag lol

plumberman01

I know it just doesnt have same effect now!!!!!

plumberman01

bossyboots

I know it just doesnt have same effect now!!!!!

Please dont remind me, im very sensitive about my currently deformed tail!

Just used easyjet and if you have children you stand behind speedy boarders and go on straight after them.

Like Sassie says, it doesn't mean you'll be together, just that you and othe SBs will have the chance to be on the plane ahead of the rest, or possibly to be on the bus before the rest, although in some airports they arrange the bus so that the SBs get on at the front and get off first.

You don't know what the arangements are before you get there! It's get what you can on the plane itself - no guarantee what-so-ever - of seats together but again, no reason why you shouldn't get them!

The 'boarding' order is SBs, then families with kids - so you would be in that group, then group A then group B.

If it's a flight of less than a few hours, I don't think it matters vastly where you sit, as long as you can have an adult with each of the younger ones.
I wouldn't pay the extra myself.
Get on by the back stairs if you can and stay together, like a Roman phalanx - don't try to 'save seats'.
Edited by: "chesso" 1st Aug 2010

Original Poster

how long ago macdoona did you use easyjet ?

Original Poster

thanks chesso maybe i wont bother then.

The kids have to be under 5 to go behind the speedy boarders otherwise they go on as normal with the rest of the passengers. At least that's what they were calling out when I was flying with Easyjet last week.

John

Oh right, under 5 - sounds like my advice isn't great after all. I must say that now you say, John, I think you're right.

I guess you could just go with the kids group anyway skiboy, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't turn you away.

Banned

book the 7 yr old as a priority, no one will sit next to a 7 yr old, or if any of the party stinks get them booked in as a priority as again none will sit next to them

skiboy

how long ago macdoona did you use easyjet ?

Last Tuesday

Banned

waste of money - just get to the gate once it flashes up on the screen. Always loads of slow people who end up at the back of the queue

Never paid for priority boarding...

Is it just me but I never wanted[i] to sit next to my kids on a flight once they got past about 8. I left them to my OHalf and I sat in peace and quiet, reading or having an adult conversation with other passengers.

And teens [i]never
want to sit with you anyway. Never forget my 14 yr old son who was in a fould mood coming back from Spain. I managed to make sure I was not sat next to him (I knew he was just going to moan about how unfair his life was the whole journey). He ended up sitting next to a man in his eighties. I could just about hear bits of their conversations, brought tears to my eyes to hear my son being so kind and articulate.

When the brood was small, best tip I ever had was board with kids as late as you can. On a long haul trip to USA, we hung back until most of plane had boarded. Bad enough for tinies to be cooped up for hours without adding more time waiting for a plane to board, 30 mins and they are already fractious. Once we sat down we were off. Helps to be well oragnised so that you can settle in to seat quickly and not hack other passesngers off.

Edited by: "iglimpse" 2nd Aug 2010

you can try paying for only 1 person having the speed boarding and they can hold the seats you want together until the rest of you board!

effing & jeffing

you can try paying for only 1 person having the speed boarding and they … you can try paying for only 1 person having the speed boarding and they can hold the seats you want together until the rest of you board!

I have seen the flight attendants make sure that his doesn't happen. One guy was trying to save a seat at the very front for his female travel companion - failed and quite a barney as well. Other passengers really don't put up with the 'SB save a seat' scenario.

I would say that if it is important for you to all sit together, if you hate being stuck in a long queue, or if you predict this will be a very full flight (is it a popular destination/ nice flight time etc) then book SB.
If you are trying to save money, then don't bother with SB and just make sure you get to the gate early and sit near the doors leading through to the plane. None of your group sound like they will be slow to move due to age or pushchairs etc, so you have just a good a chance of getting on the plane quickly as everyone else traveling in pairs etc.
Personally, I only book SB if we are only taking hand luggage and therefore have bags that need to go in the overheads. When we have just small bags that fit under the seat, it doesn't really bother me if by the time I get on the plane the overheads are all full. That's just me though because I can't relax if my bag is half way down the plane from me - especially during the cattle crush when everyone's trying to get off the plane. Imagine having to fight upstream to get to your bag! lol

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. clocks go Back weekend 28 October why not check and clean ur smoke alarm at…65262
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659

See more discussions