Those who shower at work, what are your logistics?

Posted 27th Jan
How do you manage the toiletries, what do you use, how do you dry the towel?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Washing up liquid.
Stand under hand dryer.
29 Comments
1. Soap 2. Radiator
Washing up liquid.
Stand under hand dryer.
ArcadeAssassin28/01/2020 00:01

Washing up liquid. Stand under hand dryer.

Use the companies 5l bottle so it’s free
If I was worried about shower logistics, I'd be showering at home....
Why do you want to shower at work? To save money or do you have a dirty job which means you have to shower after each shift?
666FU28/01/2020 03:52

Why do you want to shower at work? To save money or do you have a dirty …Why do you want to shower at work? To save money or do you have a dirty job which means you have to shower after each shift?

Might cycle or run to work and get a bit sweaty?
ncd28/01/2020 07:01

Might cycle or run to work and get a bit sweaty?

I cycle and run to work occasionally. Cycling doesn't make me sweat to bad so just get changed at work. Running leaves dripping with sweat but I just towel dry and us some deodorant.
eee u cud not touch anything
666FU28/01/2020 03:52

Why do you want to shower at work? To save money or do you have a dirty …Why do you want to shower at work? To save money or do you have a dirty job which means you have to shower after each shift?

Not a dirty job by any means, just like showering everyday. Want to shower at work to save time really, instead of doing it at home, I can leave earlier avoid traffic and shower there.
Adam_Khan1Tc28/01/2020 07:41

Not a dirty job by any means, just like showering everyday. Want to shower …Not a dirty job by any means, just like showering everyday. Want to shower at work to save time really, instead of doing it at home, I can leave earlier avoid traffic and shower there.

I imagine most people shower everyday (or at least hope they do), but would do it in their own home - unless for suggestions stated above. What would happen if when you got to work there wasn't one free or they were broken?

Just shower at home then there are no worries about the toiletries or wet towels!
Edited by: "JimboParrot" 28th Jan
JimboParrot28/01/2020 07:47

I imagine most people shower everyday (or at least hope they do), but …I imagine most people shower everyday (or at least hope they do), but would do it in their own home - unless for suggestions stated above. What would happen if when you got to work there wasn't one free or they were broken?Just shower at home then there are no worries about the toiletries or wet towels!

True! At the moment its just an idea tbh which I don't feel can work for me personally. So shower at home it will be

Not a dirty job by any means, just like showering everyday. Want to shower …Not a dirty job by any means, just like showering everyday. Want to shower at work to save time really, instead of doing it at home, I can leave earlier avoid traffic and shower there.

Just take some shower gel and a towel and try it. Surely there must be somewhere to hang a towel to dry, worst case just take a flesh one everyday. At my work there is dozens of towels hanging by the showers or out of people's lockers.

What would happen if when you got to work there wasn't one free or they …What would happen if when you got to work there wasn't one free or they were broken?

You have the perfect excuse to go and work from home or sit at your desk in a bathrobe, socks and slippers until one becomes available
I despair.
cicobuff28/01/2020 08:29

You have the perfect excuse to go and work from home or sit at your desk …You have the perfect excuse to go and work from home or sit at your desk in a bathrobe, socks and slippers until one becomes available

Haha, and your colleagues have to put pegs on their noses!

Save time???? How long do you spend on the shower? Ok I'm smaller than the average but I can pretty much cover things in a couple of minutes.
Tumble out of bed
And stumble to the kitchen
Pour myself a cup of ambition
And yawn and stretch and try to come to life

Jump in the shower
And the blood starts pumpin'
Out on the streets, the traffic starts jumpin'
For folks like me on the job from 9 to 5
I think I would just get couple of those quick drying microfibre travel towels to use at work. They dry extremely quickly.
blacks.co.uk/equ…tml
I shower at the gym before work so end up keeping everything with me for the rest of the day. Toiletry bag (travel size bottles which I refill each weekend). Towel is never completely wet, just damp so I put it in a plastic bag and air dry when I get home. I have a few towels so its not like I need the same one each day. All my stuff fits into my sports bag so its not really a hassle. I had a colleague who used to air dry his towel near the window at work but it always made the office smell a bit damp and there were complaints.

I imagine most people shower everyday (or at least hope they do)

Every day is a bit excessive unless you're getting a lot dirtier than normal. Do it every two or three days and you'll be just as clean but save a lot of water.
EndlessWaves28/01/2020 12:00

Every day is a bit excessive unless you're getting a lot dirtier than …Every day is a bit excessive unless you're getting a lot dirtier than normal. Do it every two or three days and you'll be just as clean but save a lot of water.

Absolutely not.

Every day is a bit excessive unless you're getting a lot dirtier than …Every day is a bit excessive unless you're getting a lot dirtier than normal. Do it every two or three days and you'll be just as clean but save a lot of water.

Shower every 3 days?

39781083-s1wjR.jpg

Yeah in the winter I shower every other day and most of the time that is after a gym session. If I notice I smell or have had a particularly active day I will add extra showers, but daily is really not needed most of the time if you just have an office job.
Jaestar6928/01/2020 11:12

I shower at the gym before work so end up keeping everything with me for …I shower at the gym before work so end up keeping everything with me for the rest of the day. Toiletry bag (travel size bottles which I refill each weekend). Towel is never completely wet, just damp so I put it in a plastic bag and air dry when I get home. I have a few towels so its not like I need the same one each day. All my stuff fits into my sports bag so its not really a hassle. I had a colleague who used to air dry his towel near the window at work but it always made the office smell a bit damp and there were complaints.

Perhaps if he didn't arrive wearing his towel, & got dressed before leaving the gym, then there may have be fewer complaints.

Theres people like you at my work and they dont realise people are talking about them behind their back.
They smell and its not nice for other people who have to sit around them.
Just have shower every day jeez
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 28th Jan
Seriously? just get up 15 minutes earlier, really, I'd hate to think I'd got to work after dressing, then have to undress, get a shower and get dressed again, the mind just boggles ...and after all that, wonder where I'm going to dry my towel
maccy1i28/01/2020 16:43

Seriously? just get up 15 minutes earlier, really, I'd hate to think I'd …Seriously? just get up 15 minutes earlier, really, I'd hate to think I'd got to work after dressing, then have to undress, get a shower and get dressed again, the mind just boggles ...and after all that, wonder where I'm going to dry my towel

True, thinking about that it makes me want to drop the idea as well!
jon81uk28/01/2020 12:30

Yeah in the winter I shower every other day and most of the time that is …Yeah in the winter I shower every other day and most of the time that is after a gym session. If I notice I smell or have had a particularly active day I will add extra showers, but daily is really not needed most of the time if you just have an office job.

If you notice you smell - yikes! Just because someone has an office job does not mean they are cleaner/fresher. Think how hot those offices can get, not to mention their commute on a train or bus. Even in a car getting all sweaty and worked up by other road users.
Adam_Khan1Tc28/01/2020 17:03

True, thinking about that it makes me want to drop the idea as well!

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants