Those with back issues, which mattress?

Posted 3rd Mar
Seen a few mattress deals on here and I’m looking to change mine to help my back.

Anyone recommend one? Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Go for an orthopaedic mattress. I think form is rated 5 then it goes to Ortho. They are obviously hard but I’d never go back. It’s done my back the world of good having suffered with 2 prolapsed discs in lower back for years!
fearghalg03/03/2020 21:32

Go for an orthopaedic mattress. I think form is rated 5 then it goes to …Go for an orthopaedic mattress. I think form is rated 5 then it goes to Ortho. They are obviously hard but I’d never go back. It’s done my back the world of good having suffered with 2 prolapsed discs in lower back for years!

Do different back conditions suit certain beds?

I have quite bad arthritis in my upper and lower spine so I assume a hard bed is better. My bed is quite hard now but it’s not helping much.
Savedotmoney03/03/2020 21:38

Do different back conditions suit certain beds?I have quite bad arthritis …Do different back conditions suit certain beds?I have quite bad arthritis in my upper and lower spine so I assume a hard bed is better. My bed is quite hard now but it’s not helping much.

Not sure. Perhaps ask your doc for advice. I find the Ortho mattress helps support my lower back. It did take a bit of getting used to buy definitely helped long term. Why not go to bensons, dreams etc and try them out for comfort levels 1-5, and support etc. The last thing you want to do is shed out a load of money on something that is making your condition worse. Beds and mattresses are an investment. It’s worth paying for the best you can afford. You spend on average 33% a day in them after all! See if the one you are after is on display anywhere so you can test it out.
We have a dormeo mattress (had it for 2 years now) & i love it. I have had back issues for 15 years due to an accident.

My mum has arthritis in her back & got the same mattress after us to replace an ortho mattress & has never looked back. Hope that helps!
Have a look on Vesgantti. They gave a prompt reply on the type of mattress I was looking for. They appear to know their stuff when it comes to mattresses, even though what they recommended was the opposite to what you might expect. Their prices are quite reasonable too.

vesgantti.co.uk/
I really hope you find a mattress that suits you, ive had a bad back for about 6 years now been to the Dr multiple times and just keep getting told they suffer with a stiff back too and basically get on with it, its normal.
One sent me to another place who just gave me stretches to perform on a piece of paper.
So depressing im up every night about 2-4am in pain and have to walk around and do stretches to lessen the pain so i can get back to sleep.
ive tried orthopaedic, hard, medium,soft,pocket sprung, memory foam and nothing helps, spent over £2000 in a few years on mattresses for nothing.
i just accepted that ill be in pain for the next 40-50 years until i die and have got used to feeling tired all the time 😔 hope things turn out better for you, i really do
Saw the title of the post and thought you were looking for old copies of a magazine from Which?
I have this one after a back operation and its very good for me.

Silentnight 2000 Pocket Natural Wool Mattress | Tailored Comfort & Pressure Relief | Medium Soft | King

I would say go to a bed shop and test some as its a personal choice
Thanks for the advice guys, I’ll have a read through it and see if I can find one to test.
Mark_Hickman04/03/2020 16:38

I really hope you find a mattress that suits you, ive had a bad back for …I really hope you find a mattress that suits you, ive had a bad back for about 6 years now been to the Dr multiple times and just keep getting told they suffer with a stiff back too and basically get on with it, its normal. One sent me to another place who just gave me stretches to perform on a piece of paper.So depressing im up every night about 2-4am in pain and have to walk around and do stretches to lessen the pain so i can get back to sleep. ive tried orthopaedic, hard, medium,soft,pocket sprung, memory foam and nothing helps, spent over £2000 in a few years on mattresses for nothing. i just accepted that ill be in pain for the next 40-50 years until i die and have got used to feeling tired all the time 😔 hope things turn out better for you, i really do

This is horrible but I can relate with you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants