Groups

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil......major dilemma...UPDATE...Currently in the heart of the beast!!

Ok so I have been offered two days work next week in LEICESTER!

Very good money and full hotel accommodation,meals and all expenses will be taken care of.

Do I go or not?

Thanks for all your help at this difficult time

45 Comments

Is Leicester considered a 'Valley of death'?

If so how close will you come, and if the moneys good does your life insurance cover you for ventures in to the 'Valley of death'?

I suggest you go, but dont go out after dark.

Original Poster

Adam2050

Is Leicester considered a 'Valley of death'?If so how close will you … Is Leicester considered a 'Valley of death'?If so how close will you come, and if the moneys good does your life insurance cover you for ventures in to the 'Valley of death'?

City Centre mate.....snap bang in the middle of the jaws of death
    Edited by: "boothy" 5th Jan 2011

Go but dress down don't take any apple products maybe just take an android device orange San Fran or samsung Galaxy s like guvs

boothy

City Centre mate.....snap bang in the middle of the jaws of death

Umm arr, wear a stab vest

if the money is "Very good", i would go.

What will be your job in leicester?

Original Poster

archer1204

What will be your job in leicester?

Its just a couple of days tutoring an activity sports training course

The actual work is not the issue here of course

Well sounds safe enough just dont go visiting any parks at night

Banned

Leicester a bad place then?

Banned

Bogey team

On a serious note it depends we do festival security overnights near de montford hall a couple of times a year near viccy park.Lets just say keep away from the war memorial etc
    Edited by: "archer1204" 5th Jan 2011

Go and enjoy it - if you do not feel safe then taxi's are cheap and watch DVDs in the evening after a long meal at the hotel. I cannot think Leicester is any worse than any other city centres. Common sense behaviour is the order of the day - avoid dark alleys, parks, dodgy pubs.

Original Poster

archer1204

On a serious note it depends we do festival security overnights near de … On a serious note it depends we do festival security overnights near de montford hall a couple of times near viccy park.Lets just say keep away from the war memorial etc

What goes on at the memorial?

But anywhere you go these days has its rough areas but im sure you will be fine did they say where your hotel was?

Original Poster

casparwhite

Bogey team

I think it could well be

Banned

No amount of money in the world is worth going there

"casparwhite
    Bogey team "

You got that right. Although Cardiff are getting closer to that status now!

Stay clear. I only live 10 miles from the city centre but would never dream of venturing into the heart of the beast.

Deffo go, think of the money!

at least you can visit stewby!!! (_;)
    Edited by: "ham82" 5th Jan 2011

Banned

dejavu606

??? frankly, do what you want, would have thought most normal people … ??? frankly, do what you want, would have thought most normal people don't give a sh*t what you do or don't

Wow Dejavu606! Weren't you Mustafa786 on your last account? X)

Have you made a will yet Boothy? Probably worthwhile if you decide to risk all. Personally, I'd stay well clear.

Banned

leicester is full of .... well YOU KNOW ..... THEM.

vibeone

leicester is full of .... well YOU KNOW ..... THEM.

People from Braunstone?

Leicester welcomes people of all races, colours and creeds.
    You may want to stay at home with your racist beliefs. Serious.

Banned

thesaint

Leicester welcomes people of all races, colours and creeds.You may want … Leicester welcomes people of all races, colours and creeds.You may want to stay at home with your racist beliefs. Serious.

Ironically posted by the only HUKD member ever to admit on a public forum that they are racist. (Serious)

Banned

thesaint

Leicester welcomes people of all races, colours and creeds.You may want … Leicester welcomes people of all races, colours and creeds.You may want to stay at home with your racist beliefs. Serious.

as if you've ever been with a black woman.

Weir a full length veil & you'll fit in !

Banned

have you had all your jabs ? Hep B tetanus, etc ?

guv

Ironically posted by the only HUKD member ever to admit on a public forum … Ironically posted by the only HUKD member ever to admit on a public forum that they are racist. (Serious)

guv

Ironically posted by the only HUKD member ever to admit on a public forum … Ironically posted by the only HUKD member ever to admit on a public forum that they are racist. (Serious)

Inb4 the famous words "Really? Linky?"

Banned

Adam2050

Inb4 the famous words "Really? Linky?"

Inb4 the even more famous words - "if it isn't true, report and ask the mods to remove it"........ oh wait - part has happened already! X)

Banned

guv

Inb4 the even more famous words - "if it isn't true, report and ask the … Inb4 the even more famous words - "if it isn't true, report and ask the mods to remove it"........ oh wait - part has happened already! X)

strangely they left my woman comment :P

On its own it sounds a little bit racist, but maybe the mod knows about sainty's whinging in the "have you ever" thread.

vibeone

strangely they left my woman comment :POn its own it sounds a little bit … strangely they left my woman comment :POn its own it sounds a little bit racist, but maybe the mod knows about sainty's whinging in the "have you ever" thread.

I missed the drama but can guess the structure.

Yep seems extreme.

Go - but make sure your Daily Mail isn't sticking out your pocket

Banned

did i miss the drama LLama

Last time we were in braunstone we have an office in leicester and for some reason that became clear they got nottingham staff to do an event there.Whilst we were there they were shooting with air rifles at us and the police that was a lovely day.So then we only worked in the city centre.

master_chief

Leicester a bad place then?

just what i wanna know

Original Poster

What have I missed?oO

Banned

Its not a bad place its just full of... YOU KNOW WHATS

Full of what? Seriously? I live just outside Leicester and always feel really safe on nights out in town.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions