Thought for the day

Found 3rd Jul
In the olden days, the clock faces on church towers were all set to different times; so the Devil never knew what time it was.

Today, with atomic clocks and network timing to fractions of a micro-second; it is impossible to stop him knowing the correct time.

So what can you do??

Simple, buy sets of "Day of the Week" underwear, and never wear then on the correct day; right now (Tuesday), I am wearing "Monday" boxers and "Thursday" socks; so he might know the time, but not the day!!.

Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
To really fool him , when they need changing , just turn inside out and get another few days wear out of them before they need washing .

Saves on washing powder and fools the devil - Win/Win
Someone needs a day off!
Of what import is a measurement of time to an eternal being?
tryn2help1 h, 13 m ago

Of what import is a measurement of time to an eternal being?

I tried asking God that question, but apparently he didnt have the time to answer me.
Gentle_Giant4 h, 6 m ago

I tried asking God that question, but apparently he didnt have the time to …I tried asking God that question, but apparently he didnt have the time to answer me.

On the contrary, apparently the eternal God has all the time there is - yet has no need of it, and maybe he's been asked all these questions millions of times, and cba answering as he's already told some punters way back and they wrote it down somewhere, but peeps cba reading it.
tryn2help8 h, 33 m ago

On the contrary, apparently the eternal God has all the time there is - …On the contrary, apparently the eternal God has all the time there is - yet has no need of it, and maybe he's been asked all these questions millions of times, and cba answering as he's already told some punters way back and they wrote it down somewhere, but peeps cba reading it.

You DO understand this is a TiC thread, and not to be taken seriously??
Gentle_Giant3 h, 24 m ago

You DO understand this is a TiC thread, and not to be taken seriously??

I do indeed, but a joke built on a false premise doesn't really work (for me).

If it's any consolation I could see it going down well at the Apollo, audiences there just don't seem to put too much thought into things, some of them would probably laugh at the grass growing.
tryn2help7 h, 29 m ago

I do indeed, but a joke built on a false premise doesn't really work (for …I do indeed, but a joke built on a false premise doesn't really work (for me).If it's any consolation I could see it going down well at the Apollo, audiences there just don't seem to put too much thought into things, some of them would probably laugh at the grass growing.

False premise?? That Church tower clocks were given different times so the devil didnt know what time it was??

Please link to a peer reviewed paper debunking history.
Gentle_Giant1 h, 15 m ago

False premise?? That Church tower clocks were given different times so the …False premise?? That Church tower clocks were given different times so the devil didnt know what time it was??Please link to a peer reviewed paper debunking history.

It's a false premise because time would be irrelevant to an eternal being.
Are you disputing the fact that Church clock faces were set to different times; and the reason given was to confuse the Devil??

If you really wanted to argue "false premise", I should point out that humanistic God and Devil characters dont really exist.

I could also use Douglas Adam's math to prove you dont exist; but in fact are merely a figment of my deranged imagination.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants