Groups

thoughts on bf1?

As the title guys, what do You think of bf1 after playing the beta?
    I'm not as fussed as I was with bf3 &4. Think it'll take a while to get used to it but has too much of a hardline feel to it which sucks.

30 Comments

What part of it was anything like Hardline? I thought it was fantastic and a good move to go to WW1 for a change.

Original Poster

The ui for a start, don't get me wrong the graphics are great and ww1 makes a nice change. I'm on the fence about it.

Spawn, run, die, spawn run die.

benjammin316

Spawn, run, die, spawn run die.

You need practice. That sounds more like COD

stuarthanley

You need practice. That sounds more like COD

Spawn in middle of a desert, run for about 2mins, die.

It's just not fun even when I got a few kills, swiftly deleted.

Mlre games need these betas so I don't end up buying them on the off chance

tanks are too powerful just now but they have said they won't be in the full game plus people don't have the anti tank rifle yet. Medics need more time to revive.

Sniping is the most satisfying and fun I've had in any game ever.
    Edited by: "sweeten16" 1st Sep 2016

Original Poster

Would help I think aswell that we are able to see what upgrades we can out on the guns

Wasnt getting it..now I fu**ing am - Epic. For those of you moaning about dying..think about objectives prior to selecting your spawn marker
    Edited by: "treadstone" 1st Sep 2016

Only just finished downloading (_;)
    now the cricket is on
    how long do we get again ?

thewongwing101

Only just finished downloading (_;)now the cricket is onhow long do we … Only just finished downloading (_;)now the cricket is onhow long do we get again ?

There is no end day as yet, but don't leave it too long.

thewongwing101

Only just finished downloading (_;)now the cricket is onhow long do we … Only just finished downloading (_;)now the cricket is onhow long do we get again ?

8th of Sep I think

Has to say I'm loving the new map - the closed alpha map was ok but i am preferring the desert map.

I also prefer the Rush mode better than the Conquest this time round.. not usually a Rush fan but i like it

Am sure that the graphics will get better with the full release.. had a bit of an issue with the end of round stats first thing (weren't showing them) but the latter couple of games i had showed the full stats which was good.

Also this is nothing like hardline.... i hated that game and i don't think I've even took the disc out of the box let alone downloaded all the new maps i paid for in the last 8 months!

Love this game. Play the objectives people and get nice squad communications going.

Played it for a couple of hours today, at first I sucked and encountered a bug where I had no weapons at all no matter what class.
    But then I started it back up and went apon a cheeky 17 kill streak when sniping. Found it very fun

Only thing I found was the snipers are annoying. They should limit number in team in the full game. The desert map is far too open to allow so many snipers.

damn, thought BG1 was back for a second then! always good for a laugh that guy

I love it, put many hours in to it. My thoughts: nipystyler is right, there's far too many snipers, maybe it's just the map, but sometimes you get 6 snipers on the enemy team staring down on you that no matter where you run one of them is likely to land a bullet on you. Also, the train is a little annoying, but once again, that's the maps fault. Other than that, I'm pretty much in love with the game, will be buying it on day 1 for sure (screw pre-orders) about to go play some more conquest now haha

LilHammerette

Love this game. Play the objectives people and get nice squad … Love this game. Play the objectives people and get nice squad communications going.

I was a big bf3 and 4 fan while I played but the communications have always been ropey.

Does the team chat work now?

Haven't bothered to play the beta, I watched a couple of streams and it doesn't look like this one will be my cup of tea. Will await full game and reviews before choosing my side of the fence.

From what I have seen though, the AT rifle is broken - 1 shot kill with no obvious bullet drop at any distance from what I was watching on jackfrags stream - shouldn't be so accurate if it is meant to be for AT purposes, that would put people off using it as a makeshift sniper cannon.

dunc360

I was a big bf3 and 4 fan while I played but the communications have … I was a big bf3 and 4 fan while I played but the communications have always been ropey.Does the team chat work now?Haven't bothered to play the beta, I watched a couple of streams and it doesn't look like this one will be my cup of tea. Will await full game and reviews before choosing my side of the fence.From what I have seen though, the AT rifle is broken - 1 shot kill with no obvious bullet drop at any distance from what I was watching on jackfrags stream - shouldn't be so accurate if it is meant to be for AT purposes, that would put people off using it as a makeshift sniper cannon.

I haven't used the team chat either been in party with friends but I do end up with randomers in my squad. I'm 9 times out of 10 the leader so I set which objective to go for and from my experience most of them will be in and around that objective backing me up. Although I predominantly play the medic so I'm the one who backs them up. The communication wheel is varied enough and they do message me ingame from the chat wheel asking for orders/back up/a ride so it is something that people in my experience are using.

The beta defo needs some tweaks (the revive bugginess is driving me loopy).

Use the frag grenade launcher. 3 shots later lots of snipers wiped out

I had no idea what you were on about so I had to look it up in a list of internet acronyms, here's a translation for anybody else unfamiliar with the terminology:

thoughts on boyfriend 1?
    As the title guys, what do You think of boyfriend 1 after playing the beta?
    I'm not as fussed as I was with boyfriend 3 &4. Think it'll take a while to get used to it but has too much of a hardline feel to it which sucks.

I am properly rubbish a it

Played for few hours but just wasn't really fun, killing with tanks is too easy too and so I get a lot of kills but still no fun...

Love it but always prefer hard-core, maps showing enemies and too many bullets pumped in someone and it still doesn't kill them is not the right way.
    Will definitely be buying as long as hard core is still an option

LFC Muppet

Love it but always prefer hard-core, maps showing enemies and too many … Love it but always prefer hard-core, maps showing enemies and too many bullets pumped in someone and it still doesn't kill them is not the right way.Will definitely be buying as long as hard core is still an option

​enemies are not shown? they are only if they are super close?

I really love the game. Can't wait for it. The train and horses are awesome! Don't like the biplane too well as I'm rubbish with it. Prefer the jets from battlefield 3. Just need more practice I suppose.

By the way the beta ends on Thursday. There is also an update for the beta released today disables the round timer for the Conquest mode
    l.gamespot.com/601…OQD

DrIronFist2015

​enemies are not shown? they are only if they are super close?

You can't hide at a flag without a tank wiping you out because of the stupid map. It's OK for snipers who don't capture the flags like the game is meant to be played

I love the BF franchise and BF1 is now my favourite, I actually enjoyed hardline as it was great with mates, but BF1 isn't anything like hardline.

I have it pre purchased on xb1 and will most likely buy it on PC too!

Think all weapons are being unlocked for final beta day!

it was only last night that I realised you could custom the tanks .... I wish I'd known sooner!!!

will have a final crack tonight and see if they've let you use all weapons?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????24
      2. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      3. Best VR games?22
      4. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55

See more discussions