Posted 3 November 2021

Thoughts on refurbished cookers @ appliancesdirect.co.uk

Described as "Grade A1 - Good condition with hard to spot minor blemishes".

Example:
appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/a…ker

Are these just customer returns or showroom models?
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'd call or email the company and ask. That way you'll know for sure.
    I live near a store that sells ex display, customer returns, or minor damages. 9/10 they look brand new and have warranty and have huge savings.
    Assuming only minor cosmetic issues then the product will still be subject to statutory functional / durability obligations so you can still reject for full refund on failure within 30 days of purchase, and/or if the cooker subsequently fails prematurely you have six years to bring a claim against the retailer, unless you live in Scotland.
    These statutory retailer obligations are in addition to any warranty.

Probably best to use credit card to fund at least a penny direct payment to merchant on a £100+ purchase, just to ensure a secondary point of claim should the merchant cease trading within the 6 year period.
    Author
    Loubou03/11/2021 11:57

I'd call or email the company and ask. That way you'll know for sure.

spoke with them today, it's mostly just damaged boxes, open boxes and customer returns..
    sam503509/11/2021 11:18

spoke with them today, it's mostly just damaged boxes, open boxes and …spoke with them today, it's mostly just damaged boxes, open boxes and customer returns..

Ok, that's cool. I was worried that you might have thought I was being rude with my response. I wasn't though. It is always best to ask them. That way, if you buy anything and it isn't right, you can say you spoke with someone and they said it would be x, y or z.

Not sure I'd go for an open box or customer return. Depends what it was and how much it cost though. Maybe if it was a very cheap item. I've bought damaged box items before though and the product inside has been new and ok. As long as you still get a proper warranty though.
    Author
    Loubou09/11/2021 11:23

Ok, that's cool. I was worried that you might have thought I was being …Ok, that's cool. I was worried that you might have thought I was being rude with my response. I wasn't though. It is always best to ask them. That way, if you buy anything and it isn't right, you can say you spoke with someone and they said it would be x, y or z. Not sure I'd go for an open box or customer return. Depends what it was and how much it cost though. Maybe if it was a very cheap item. I've bought damaged box items before though and the product inside has been new and ok. As long as you still get a proper warranty though.

no worries…

I’m on the fence right now.. It’s a range cooker that cost £1400 New.

A open box cost 15% less and only comes with 1 year store warranty.

I probably wait for a sale at curry’s or ao.
    sam503509/11/2021 11:31

no worries…I’m on the fence right now.. It’s a range cooker that cost £1400 …no worries…I’m on the fence right now.. It’s a range cooker that cost £1400 New.A open box cost 15% less and only comes with 1 year store warranty.I probably wait for a sale at curry’s or ao.

How much warranty does it come with if you buy it brand new?

Out of AO or Currys, I'd go for AO. Or even John Lewis if they have it.
    Author
    Loubou09/11/2021 11:33

How much warranty does it come with if you buy it brand new? Out of AO …How much warranty does it come with if you buy it brand new? Out of AO or Currys, I'd go for AO. Or even John Lewis if they have it.

2 years at AO
    sam503509/11/2021 11:39

2 years at AO

I'd go brand new and get the extra years warranty for something of that price. Keep your eye on AO's prices like you said you would. Good luck.
    sam503509/11/2021 11:39

2 years at AO

Did you get this email today from AO with the codes? Not sure if either can be applied to your cooker but you can check.

46031601-tEXZ6.jpg
's avatar