Thousands of flip flops recalled by Primark over Cancer fears.

Editor 19
Found 17th Jul 2017
Primark have issued a recall notice for three types of Flip Flops, over concerns about the items containing chrysene.

Chrysene has been reported to be a carcinogenic risk to humans, and can cause cancer.

2742679-e4N7s.jpg(via Belfast Live)

The affected pairs of Flip Flops were removed from sale on June 2nd, however they have been on sale since January of this year.

In a warning online, the company said the flip flops do not "meet the Primark usual high standards for chemical compliance, adding: "We have found levels of a restricted substance in the product in excess of the 1.0 mg/kg requirement."

The serial numbers of affected flip flops are: khaki 02387/07, 08, 09; black 02387/01, 02, 03 and blue 02387/04, 05, 06.

A full refund is being offered to customers, and should you have an affected pair, it would be best to return them.

Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Cancer-causing flip-flops. What will they think of next?
Just don't eat them, OK?
19 Comments
Cancer-causing flip-flops. What will they think of next?
Just don't eat them, OK?
Just keep your socks on while you wear them
Or sweat in em
Primark flip flops gave me a blister the size of a 50p between my toes last summer. They cost £1, so each blister cost about 50p too, oddly enough. Would not buy again on that basis.
Do we get compensation for getting cancer?
Foot cancer, what the heck?
How did Primark know ? Do they test their products or do they rely on suppliers' diligence?
splender46 m ago

How did Primark know ? Do they test their products or do they rely on …How did Primark know ? Do they test their products or do they rely on suppliers' diligence?

i would presume the supplier declared they are fit for purpose and safe for use and Primark believed them - happens a lot as it costs money to fact check.
Think this is bad you should check out your food and drink!

Hint, Aspartame
tracyiley

Think this is bad you should check out your food and drink!Hint, Aspartame

I'd be amazed if there is anyone left on the planet who isn't aware of alleged problems with Aspartame. Flip flops on the other hand... er foot.
Flip flops are dangerously evil
Ban them now
Blimey! Have to put Government health warnings on Flip Flops oO
themachman

Blimey! Have to put Government health warnings on Flip Flops oO

They do need to...
dailymail.co.uk/hea…tml

It is a Daily Mail article so ___________ (Blankety Blank).
Would help if you pointed out they are the ceder wood mens range ones.

I got two pairs for 90p each hope they are ok, ladies and childs
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 17th Jul 2017
Simply cannot comprehend the niaivity or is it pure stupidity?! Do you have to eat the sun to get skin cancer or eat asbestos to get asbestosis ...! Substances have different ways of entering the body, ingestion, absorption, injection and inhalation. So next time your filling your car with fuel - remember to put on some gloves, yep you've guessed it diesel is a known carcinogen!d
MSK.

I'd be amazed if there is anyone left on the planet who isn't aware of … I'd be amazed if there is anyone left on the planet who isn't aware of alleged problems with Aspartame. Flip flops on the other hand... er foot.

Or Phenyl Alanine
DLW2017

Simply cannot comprehend the niaivity or is it pure stupidity?! Do you … Simply cannot comprehend the niaivity or is it pure stupidity?! Do you have to eat the sun to get skin cancer or eat asbestos to get asbestosis ...! Substances have different ways of entering the body, ingestion, absorption, injection and inhalation. So next time your filling your car with fuel - remember to put on some gloves, yep you've guessed it diesel is a known carcinogen!d

The colour in your clothes, the metals and plastics in your mobiles and technology devices, the frequencies of the waves emitted all around us by companies, the list goes on and on. In other words, we are all f00ked.
catbeans17th Jul

Just keep your socks on while you wear them

this is the worst fashion faux pas!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants